Cornell CIPA 2017

Papayaqueen

Has anyone heard from CIPA, or does anyone have an idea of what their timeline is this year? I know people have heard as early as January in the past, and their FAQ says they try to respond in 3 weeks. But in a more recent blog post, they say you'll hear in early March.

My application has been complete for several weeks now, and I'm trying to gauge whether to expect an answer very soon or in March. Good luck to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, avocado48 said:

I got my packet on Monday as well! I'm really excited as I love the program and think it's a really good fit for me, but funding will be crucial. My letter said we'd hear in late February on that?

Congratulations! I hope you can make it. It's a bit odd that they're sending the acceptance and funding decisions separately because on their website FAQs, it says they both go out at the same time.

As for me, here's what I got from a faculty member a week after I finished the video interview:

have just reviewed your application for CIPA’s MPA program and wanted to let you know that it is a very strong application and I am sure that when the review process is completed (soon) you will be notified by the Cornell Graduate School of your admission to the program.

Is that an acceptance? Me hopes so. This professor and the executive director of the program have been very nice over email, responding to my questions and even connecting me to an alum from my country. This level of attention feels GREAT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Got an acceptance yesterday. Really looking forward to the financial aid decisions. Statistically speaking, what percentage of the cohort secures financial aid?

Also, do they require additional documentation for financial aid purposes? 

In my case, I completed online interview on Jan. 31, and got the welcome pack email on Feb 16. It took only 2 and a half week.

My question is... I can't see the decision menu activated on the official decision and response website (gradschool.cornell.edu/response). Has anyone seen it otherwise?

On 2/17/2017 at 7:48 PM, Chicken Salad said:

Statistically speaking, what percentage of the cohort secures financial aid?

Also, do they require additional documentation for financial aid purposes? 

Congrats on getting an offer! Their website says about 50% of students get partial tuition offers (nobody gets a full ride). And they say they send financial aid offers together with admissions decisions, so you should theoretically have already received your aid decision.

On 2/19/2017 at 3:05 PM, JWLEEFINE said:

In my case, I completed online interview on Jan. 31, and got the welcome pack email on Feb 16. It took only 2 and a half week.

Congrats! Very exciting. I also completed my online interview on Jan. 31 but haven't received a response yet. Tense times in my end here...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2017 at 0:06 AM, HPSP said:

My application status changed to "in review" a week ago. How long did it take to receive a decision for those that have them already?

I got my decision w/in 2 weeks. But I'm also in a fellowship program that partners with CIPA, so I'm guessing that expedited it. 

On a side note--has anyone heard back about funding? I emailed the general admissions address, and they said they believe decisions will be "released soon." My original welcome letter said funding announcements would be made in late February. 

I received my decision at the beginning of February, and funding award notice on March 1. Hope this helps. Best of luck to all!

Received acceptance this morning ... nothing in funding and somehow application was reviewed w missing recommendation letter. I really like this program, especially the flexibility but the location is tough..

whats everyone else think? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 9:34 AM, saranyc234 said:

Received acceptance this morning ... nothing in funding and somehow application was reviewed w missing recommendation letter. I really like this program, especially the flexibility but the location is tough..

whats everyone else think? 

For those who are accepted, has anyone gone to open house?