When will we hear!!!!

Mid feb to march is most common/the earliest usually. Waitlist offers generally mid April and after til spots are filled. Keep busy with other activities to distract yourself and avoid constantly checking this forum. :) been there done that, especially my first round of applications and all it does is increase the anxiety. 

Hello,

If you look up the stats of the acceptance or rejection you can see when most people knew of their acceptance/rejection. Based on the search results of my schools, you can learn of your acceptance as early as February and as late as May. Most interview options are given in February and March. Keep yourself busy and we will survive the wait!

I find myself saying frequently "May the odds be ever in my favor." 

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=speech

Last Year, UT Dallas started accepting students January 10. TCU was March 7. University of Missouri was March 4. University of Washington was also March 4 and UOP was march 8 (dates may not be exact but close)

Just a few.....

I don't remember when the UT Dallas deadline was, but yes, they definitely start informing students before the deadline. That's a school you want to get completed ASAP for tat reason. I believe my daughter had her app completed in late November or early December.

2 hours ago, Kangamom said:

I don't remember when the UT Dallas deadline was, but yes, they definitely start informing students before the deadline. That's a school you want to get completed ASAP for tat reason. I believe my daughter had her app completed in late November or early December.

okay! thanks! I completed and paid/submitted my application the first week of January. I had been emailing with the program head about my curiosity towards the PhD program, and he was VERY kind. Ultimately, I've decided to stick with going for my masters first. 
I also was waiting for my fall grades to be completed as it helped my GPA. I'm hoping to hear back soon and now that I know they will be accepting before the deadline date will have me both stressed yet excited. Its' my top choice.  I'm glad I've submitted it a month prior to the date

On 1/20/2017 at 5:06 PM, k_kismet said:

okay! thanks! I completed and paid/submitted my application the first week of January. I had been emailing with the program head about my curiosity towards the PhD program, and he was VERY kind. Ultimately, I've decided to stick with going for my masters first. 
I also was waiting for my fall grades to be completed as it helped my GPA. I'm hoping to hear back soon and now that I know they will be accepting before the deadline date will have me both stressed yet excited. Its' my top choice.  I'm glad I've submitted it a month prior to the date

I submitted my application in early-mid December, and I found out I was accepted and January 26. The deadline was the same, 2/15. UTD has rolling admissions, so I think they just look at them as they come in. I think it can only help that you have interacted with Dr. Stillman. Good luck!

3 hours ago, BamaBelle said:

I submitted my application in early-mid December, and I found out I was accepted and January 26. The deadline was the same, 2/15. UTD has rolling admissions, so I think they just look at them as they come in. I think it can only help that you have interacted with Dr. Stillman. Good luck!

definitely! I'm actually going for a visit this Monday to meet and talk with him in person!!!!! I'm excited but nervous, he seems like such a great person though. I'm feeling confident about admission, just really hoping I can score some funding. Thank you again 10000 times over for telling me to email him, it may make a huge difference!

16 hours ago, k_kismet said:

definitely! I'm actually going for a visit this Monday to meet and talk with him in person!!!!! I'm excited but nervous, he seems like such a great person though. I'm feeling confident about admission, just really hoping I can score some funding. Thank you again 10000 times over for telling me to email him, it may make a huge difference!

Oh awesome! Seriously, there is no need to be nervous, Dr. Stillman is the nicest guy, and I think he really loves meeting new students! I made a point to ask about funding when I visited, so that might help you out. I bet you'll get to come visit us in Preverbal when you go on your tour. I'll be on the lookout for you ;)

On 1/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, k_kismet said:

Any idea of when Dallas will be accepting? Last year someone was accepted on 1/26 but so far I haven't seen anyone post on the grad cafe admissions page!

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, k_kismet said:

My daughter received really nice funding from UT Dallas. She received in state tuition, which was  a huge help. In addition, this year (her first) she received $5000 from TPEG (Texas Public Education grant) and $1000 from the department and 10 hours of work study (at $10 per hour) per week. This funding reduced her in state tuition costs. She will be applying for some funding for the summer program. Basically, her tuition expenses were $5090 for both the fall and spring.

Next year, we are hoping for the same $5000. We don't think she'll get the $1000 department grant. She also may not be able to do work study, depending on her clinical hours.

20 hours ago, Kangamom said:

My daughter received really nice funding from UT Dallas. She received in state tuition, which was  a huge help. In addition, this year (her first) she received $5000 from TPEG (Texas Public Education grant) and $1000 from the department and 10 hours of work study (at $10 per hour) per week. This funding reduced her in state tuition costs. She will be applying for some funding for the summer program. Basically, her tuition expenses were $5090 for both the fall and spring.

Next year, we are hoping for the same $5000. We don't think she'll get the $1000 department grant. She also may not be able to do work study, depending on her clinical hours.

Hi quick question, how did your daughter received the TPEG? Was it offered to her by the department when she was admitted or did she apply for it? I am applying this cycle and am hoping to receive funding. Thank you!

On 1/30/2017 at 8:00 AM, lindsay359 said:

Any idea of when Dallas will be accepting? Last year someone was accepted on 1/26 but so far I haven't seen anyone post on the grad cafe admissions page!

I just talked to Dr. Stillman, and he said they are just starting the admissions process! 

20 hours ago, Kangamom said:

Wow that is great funding! I got the in state tuition, too. Dr. Stillman just mentioned that they have lost a lot of funding for those in state scholarships. As of right now, they will only be able to offer 6, versus the 27 offered last year. He is petitioning for more funding though, so hopefully the university comes through!

10 minutes ago, paceslp said:

Hi quick question, how did your daughter received the TPEG? Was it offered to her by the department when she was admitted or did she apply for it? I am applying this cycle and am hoping to receive funding. Thank you!

I also got the TPEG and I think it's based on the FAFSA!

Congrats @jmk!!  That is so exciting!  You're going to grad school no matter what!!   (where in CA are you?)  

I am finishing up my last application today.  I am so completely bummed that after CSDCAS calculated my cumulative GPA, it won't be even looked at.  I thought the undergrad cumulative GPA was above 3.0 (which it is by my transcripts), but they calculated otherwise (a freaking 2.97!!!).  I'm holding out hope for those schools that look at last 60 unit GPA and/or CD GPA the most!  For those schools, I might have a chance (3.9 last 60 GPA and 4.0 CD).  I WANT TO HIT THINGS!! :( 

Not sure about schools in other regions but I had an interview with LIU Post on 1/27/17 and an interview request via email for NYMC, yesterday 2/1/17. Left a message with the administrator at NYMC and now waiting for a call back. :D 

3 hours ago, sapphireskies said:

Not sure about schools in other regions but I had an interview with LIU Post on 1/27/17 and an interview request via email for NYMC, yesterday 2/1/17. Left a message with the administrator at NYMC and now waiting for a call back. :D 

I applied to LIU Post but I haven't heard back from them yet. What was their interview like?

Edited by SLPtobe1093

30 minutes ago, SLPtobe1093 said:

I applied to LIU Post but I haven't heard back from them yet. What was their interview like?

It wasn't so bad. I would say it's about 30 mins, maybe 45 mins! Dr. Rubenstein, who is the clinic director, is a pleasure to speak with and I felt comfortable the entire time. It is a chance for them to get to know you. You basically just talk about yourself and why you decided a career in speech pathology was for you. She asks you to talk about an observation (e.g. goals, what the clinician did..) and she talks to you a little more about the program itself. She really is great and you can tell she loves her students and the program. 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:25 PM, hopingtogetinsomewhere said:

Hi! I'm anxiously waiting to hear from so many SLP programs as a first-time applicant. Has anyone heard from anywhere yet?? Does anyone know when we could start hearing back? Thanks!

I just got a phone call from the admissions counselor at Midwestern University in Glendale Arizona. I was accepted.

I am ecstatic and so relieved knowing that even though it isn't my top choice that I am a competitive enough applicant to be offered admission.

I have kept my hope so slow throughout this entire process because of my 3.12 CSDCAS GPA however he said they were very impressed by my interview and extra curricular activities. 

I hope that all the hopeful people out there who feel defined by their GPA feel more encouraged to keep trying!