Fall 2017 Archaeology Applicants?

terraaurea

22 hours ago, terraaurea said:

Thanks!! Great faculty, library, program--it's fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the campus and meeting everyone. Where did you do your undergrad?

I did my undergrad at Ohio University. Majored in anthropology and double minored in history and classical civilizations. So I took quite a few classics classes while at OU. I think you'll enjoy it. Again...it's one of the top graduate programs in the US for classics.

8 hours ago, terraaurea said:

Just got waitlisted at UT-Austin. Not really surprised or disappointed because I had trouble really picking faculty whose research I liked to mention in my personal statement. 

Also I just noticed that you applied to Boston University and Boulder. I have a friend who did her undergraduate in archaeology at Boston University. She loved it there. And I currently have a friend at Boulder doing his MA in classics. He's mostly a classical philologist though.

I applied to the PhD program in archaeology at SUNY Binghamton. My other applications were for cultural though. I'm still waiting to hear from my three schools. My backup plan is a CRM masters at Adams State.