1 hour ago, Amanda87 said:

I didn't get an email about my application being complete either. It drove me crazy. I wish agora would have had something (like a checklist) just so you can know that they received everything. I swear I checked my submitted documents like 5 separate times to make sure they were all there with the list on the admissions page for what they needed. 

3 hours ago, alisham said:

I think it took about 2 days for BC to send my agora portal log in. But I never received a confirmation email when all my stuff was in. 

Ah ok, thanks everyone! Since I'm an undergrad I already have an Agora account and I'm confused where the application would be. Not sure why they would tell us we'd get an email from the social work school then if they wound up not sending it to you guys. 

1 hour ago, taracot said:

Ah ok, thanks everyone! Since I'm an undergrad I already have an Agora account and I'm confused where the application would be. Not sure why they would tell us we'd get an email from the social work school then if they wound up not sending it to you guys. 

You get an email to set up agora if you aren't a student and they say they received it. As far as I can tell though, that was only when I submitted the application online, not when they got the other materials. 

1 hour ago, Amanda87 said:

You get an email to set up agora if you aren't a student and they say they received it. As far as I can tell though, that was only when I submitted the application online, not when they got the other materials. 

I just found something on my portal that says "Application Status" check, and it seems like everything was received. Hopefully I'll hear back by next month, the waiting game begins!

5 hours ago, HB824 said:

How did you get them to raise your scholarship? Good luck deciding!! I feel you, I won't hear from one of my schools until march 15!!

I emailed he dean of admissions explaining that I had gotten higher scholarship amounts from other schools, but Boston college is my first choice and I am not financially equipped to pay that much in tuition. Then I simply asked if I could possible be reconsidered for a higher scholarship amount

On 2/22/2017 at 0:38 PM, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

BC raised my scholarship amount to more than anyone else has offered. Now I'm rethinking ? But I only have until Friday to respond to them and Loyola won't give me my scholarship amount until after March 1st. I'm not sure what to do! 

One thing a friend of mine told me: if you want to go ahead and pay the BC deposit, but want to still may consider Loyola, then maybe add the deposit you'd make to BC to the amount of money Loyola would need to offer you. I think its $300 at BC, so just add $300 on whatever number you'd want from Loyola.

17 minutes ago, tuxedobird10 said:

Has anyone gotten a financial aid award letter that goes through the cost of attendance and everything?  I've been accepted to BC  and I'd love to go but I'm waiting on that information.. 

Apparently they send it in the mail about a week after you get the email. The award letter is supposed to be behind the acceptance letter.

4 minutes ago, Amanda87 said:

Apparently they send it in the mail about a week after you get the email. The award letter is supposed to be behind the acceptance letter.

Thanks for your reply! I've gotten the scholarship award letter in the mail with my acceptance but not the information on loans/work study that I quality for. Have you heard anything about that yet? 

3 hours ago, tuxedobird10 said:

Thanks for your reply! I've gotten the scholarship award letter in the mail with my acceptance but not the information on loans/work study that I quality for. Have you heard anything about that yet? 

It says online that that info won't go out Til beginning of April. I think they don't wanna determine all that for people who may not actually attend 

Hey y'all! Just got my acceptance letter from Boston College :) So far, their scholarship is the best I've been offered (also applied to Michigan and Denver). Very much considering Boston now, especially since they have a global practice concentration, and my goal is to work with refugee and immigrants!

I just made the mistake of looking at rent prices on Trulia, and woah... 2000$ a month for a studio!!? I didn't even know rent could be that expensive. (I'm currently playing 450$ a month for a one bedroom, and last year I was paying 250$ with a roommate...) Are there any towns or suburbs in commuting distance from Boston College with lower cost of living, or is that just what I should expect in Massachusetts? 

On 2/23/2017 at 1:47 PM, Amanda87 said:

One thing a friend of mine told me: if you want to go ahead and pay the BC deposit, but want to still may consider Loyola, then maybe add the deposit you'd make to BC to the amount of money Loyola would need to offer you. I think its $300 at BC, so just add $300 on whatever number you'd want from Loyola.

I never actually thought of the whole "adding the deposit to what Loyola should have to give me" aspect. That's a great idea, thank you!

i ended up just putting the deposit down. I'm gonna see what I can do if Loyola somehow makes it way cheaper to go there, but I don't anticipate that happening.

I'm SO excited now. I was thinking grad school really wasn't gonna work out for me this coming year and I can't believe I'm moving to Boston!

22 hours ago, HB824 said:

I live in the Boston area and there are def more affordable places than that!! Look into Allston and Brighton! 

I've been researching for quite a while now and it looks like Brighton and Allston are definitely gonna be the move. I'm totally cool with having roommates, so I'm just gonna look for the cheapest/best option I Can find when it comes to housing.

On 2/23/2017 at 1:55 PM, tuxedobird10 said:

Hey! I have not gotten anything yet, but I didn't check my mail yesterday. I'm thinking I should get my letter any day now.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:46 AM, hanndema said:

Hey y'all! Just got my acceptance letter from Boston College :) So far, their scholarship is the best I've been offered (also applied to Michigan and Denver). Very much considering Boston now, especially since they have a global practice concentration, and my goal is to work with refugee and immigrants!

I just made the mistake of looking at rent prices on Trulia, and woah... 2000$ a month for a studio!!? I didn't even know rent could be that expensive. (I'm currently playing 450$ a month for a one bedroom, and last year I was paying 250$ with a roommate...) Are there any towns or suburbs in commuting distance from Boston College with lower cost of living, or is that just what I should expect in Massachusetts? 

Yeah this is awful. If anyone wants to look into being roommates in Salem, please let me know. I'm already stressing over finding an affordable place with two small dogs. :wacko:

Just found out I got into BC!! I'm officially going and will be an RA on campus! Haven't gotten financial aid info but am also applying to some specific scholarships! I'm so excited!