Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)

133 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

It was exactly a week for me!

Okay! Do you live in the area? I live on BC's campus so I'm hoping it only takes a few days considering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took like three days to get to me and I live in newton MA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HB824 said:

It took like three days to get to me and I live in newton MA 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, taracot said:

Okay! Do you live in the area? I live on BC's campus so I'm hoping it only takes a few days considering 

Oh no I live in Florida haha so mine would be on the later end of things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone who has heard back from their schools! I'm still waiting for a response after some serious delays due to transcript misfilings :/ BC is my top choice and I'm growing anxious. Did anyone here apply to BC part time and hear back?

Positive thoughts/vibes appreciated:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said the earliest we would hear from BU would be March 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, msakaezoua said:

Anyone hear from BU yet?

I got an email Tuesday (the 7th) that said I should expect a decision by the middle of this month. And I submitted my app Feb. 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BC gave me a scholarship! I'm officially going next year! I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, Psychotea said:

I just heard from BU with an acceptance :)

Congrats!! That's so exciting! I just got acceted to Boston college!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taracot said:

BC gave me a scholarship! I'm officially going next year! I can't wait!

Congratulations! How soon after getting your email acceptance did you hear about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rose2017 said:

 

Congrats!! That's so exciting! I just got acceted to Boston college!

Thank you!! Awesome Job, Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rose2017 said:

Congratulations! How soon after getting your email acceptance did you hear about it?

I was on vacation since Saturday and just got back, so I don't know exactly when it came in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, taracot said:

I was on vacation since Saturday and just got back, so I don't know exactly when it came in. 

Gotcha, thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if submitting BC's graduate financial aid application affects your scholarship amount at all? I filled out my FAFSA before applying but haven't sent in BC's own application in yet. I will do that tomorrow. 

Edited by taracot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2017 at 7:24 PM, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

I emailed he dean of admissions explaining that I had gotten higher scholarship amounts from other schools, but Boston college is my first choice and I am not financially equipped to pay that much in tuition. Then I simply asked if I could possible be reconsidered for a higher scholarship amount

Hey, I wanted to ask you: how long did it take for the dean to respond to your email about reconsidering the scholarship? I actually emailed him a few days ago because Michigan raised my scholarship amount and I wanted to see if BC could possibly match it. Only problem is that I have to accept/deny Michigan's scholarship by the 15th, and I don't know if he'll have time to reply by then. How long did you have to wait? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, taracot said:

Does anyone know if submitting BC's graduate financial aid application affects your scholarship amount at all? I filled out my FAFSA before applying but haven't sent in BC's own application in yet. I will do that tomorrow. 

I don't think it does since you get the scholarship from the school of social work & not from the financial aid office. I know the scholarship amount is taken into account when they're considering financial aid. And you still have time to hand in your grad school financial aid form since the deadline is April 18th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alisham said:

I don't think it does since you get the scholarship from the school of social work & not from the financial aid office. I know the scholarship amount is taken into account when they're considering financial aid. And you still have time to hand in your grad school financial aid form since the deadline is April 18th.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2017 at 4:26 AM, hanndema said:

Hey, I wanted to ask you: how long did it take for the dean to respond to your email about reconsidering the scholarship? I actually emailed him a few days ago because Michigan raised my scholarship amount and I wanted to see if BC could possibly match it. Only problem is that I have to accept/deny Michigan's scholarship by the 15th, and I don't know if he'll have time to reply by then. How long did you have to wait? 

It took him over a week and a half. Long enough that I had pretty much completely lost hope about getting a response haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2017 at 10:04 AM, alisham said:

I don't think it does since you get the scholarship from the school of social work & not from the financial aid office. I know the scholarship amount is taken into account when they're considering financial aid. And you still have time to hand in your grad school financial aid form since the deadline is April 18th.

Is the financial aid form online? I looked and it was the one for the previous year. Do I just mail it in to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

Is the financial aid form online? I looked and it was the one for the previous year. Do I just mail it in to them?

http://www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/financial/finaid/grad/grad_forms.html

Yeah, you just mail it to them. I mailed mine in last week, but I'm still waiting for them to process it and upload it as received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I sent in my deposit to Boston College and will definitely be attending in the fall.  I'm really excited because I love the program and I've started applying for assistantships. Has anyone started looking at housing? Specifically where can we find roommates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just accepted at BC!!! Found out via email today, even though when I called last week they said they had mailed out my decision. I'm waiting to hear back on financial aid, but almost certainly will be attending their macro program. Yay!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now