Fall 2017 Fordham

peter8920

Hi everyone I recently got accepted to Fordham, still waiting on Columbia. I received my email with my scholarship info and all they have me was $2,000 per year. I have spoken to three other people all with undergrad GPAs ranging from 3.0 to someone with a 4.0 and we all received only $2,000. Was just wondering if anyone else would be willing to share how much they received? 

2 hours ago, Francesca p said:

Hi everyone I recently got accepted to Fordham, still waiting on Columbia. I received my email with my scholarship info and all they have me was $2,000 per year. I have spoken to three other people all with undergrad GPAs ranging from 3.0 to someone with a 4.0 and we all received only $2,000. Was just wondering if anyone else would be willing to share how much they received? 

Hey, I received my email yesterday and mine was $2,000 per year too.

I got the same $2,000 a year email, but it also said that based on the strength of my application, it is being considered for merit scholarships and I will hear back about that within 5 business days. So it seems like the $2,000 has nothing to do with merit, and all to do with financial aid (need).

On 2/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, KruMaew said:

I got the same $2,000 a year email, but it also said that based on the strength of my application, it is being considered for merit scholarships and I will hear back about that within 5 business days. So it seems like the $2,000 has nothing to do with merit, and all to do with financial aid (need).

I also received the initial email with offer of $2000 and that I would hear back about merit based $$$. Fordham emailed me yesterday and they have bumped my scholarship up to $10,000 total. Anyone else hear back regarding merit based funding?  

2 hours ago, Dreamweaver said:

I also received the initial email with offer of $2000 and that I would hear back about merit based $$$. Fordham emailed me yesterday and they have bumped my scholarship up to $10,000 total. Anyone else hear back regarding merit based funding?  

I got the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, MSW2017 said:

Same here. Wondering if there are opportunities to apply for other scholarships when you are in your first year? 

I'm an advanced standing/online applicant so I'm not sure what might be available for 2 year students. I've applied for various private scholarships including community foundations in my area. Anyone else apply for advanced standing?

Got my acceptance the other day! Has anyone decided to go here? I've been accepted to Fordham, USC, and Columbia. USC is out at this point because I'd prefer not to do online. I am excited about getting into Columbia, but it is so expensive. I know Fordham University is certainly less known than Columbia, but is still a great school and cheaper. What are you guys thinking? Is Fordham anyone's top choice? 

8 hours ago, Racket said:

Got my acceptance the other day! Has anyone decided to go here? I've been accepted to Fordham, USC, and Columbia. USC is out at this point because I'd prefer not to do online. I am excited about getting into Columbia, but it is so expensive. I know Fordham University is certainly less known than Columbia, but is still a great school and cheaper. What are you guys thinking? Is Fordham anyone's top choice? 

For me it comes down to cost. I am still waiting on fin aid info from another school so I have yet to decide about Fordham. I'm advanced standing but I plan to obtain another grad degree after my MSW. I am trying to be extremely conservative when it comes to borrowing. Is Columbia very expensive compared to Fordham? Can Columbia give you funding that makes it comparable to Fordham? 

On 2/18/2017 at 0:19 AM, Racket said:

I'm waiting on two other schools (Hunter & BC) but I like Fordham's program a lot, plus it's an easier commute for me to Lincoln Center vs. where Hunter is. I live in LI. 

16 hours ago, MSWnyc94 said:

I've also been accepted and currently deciding between Fordham and NYU. I've been seeing better reviews for Fordham so far :ph34r:

I live in NYC and applied to NYU, Columbia, Hunter and fordham...(only havent heard back from hunter) but based on many sw alumni/students I've spoken too, Fordham is the least known/connected of those 4 within NYC. But still have a good program, just probably not the strongest of the NYC programs.

1 hour ago, lovetodogood said:

I live in NYC and applied to NYU, Columbia, Hunter and fordham...(only havent heard back from hunter) but based on many sw alumni/students I've spoken too, Fordham is the least known/connected of those 4 within NYC. But still have a good program, just probably not the strongest of the NYC programs.

Hmm..interesting post. Which school do you think is the strongest of those you mentioned? And for what reasons?