Hunter College City of NY

12sliders

39 minutes ago, basket_cass said:

I don't think so since mine was completed on 1/26. This entire waiting process has be really stressful 

@basket_cassWaiting is definitely stressful:(   I'm checking the portal every 30 minutes. Better "being reviewed" than rejected. 

Had my Hunter interview yesterday. I think it was very relaxed and informal.  It was a lot more conversational and even a nice brainstorming/lesson rather than a strict, formal interview.  The questions involved: Why Social Work, How would you react if you were placed in an undesirable field placement, what does self awareness mean to you and then 2 scenarios with no right/wrong answer and lastly a writing section which was probably the trickiest part but still straight forward.  If anything, it was hard to go from such a conversational tone to reading and analyzing a scholarly article.

I am still leaning towards NYU as I really appreciate their clinical edge.  And I am enrolled in the working professional program with a decent scholarship so NYU would ultimately be the cheaper option (if I can maintain working FT).

Hope this helps anyone still waiting for an interview date.

Love to hear opinions on Hunter v. NYU for clinical/psychotherapy.

Happy Thursday All

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3:44 PM, basket_cass said:

I don't think so since mine was completed on 1/26. This entire waiting process has be really stressful 

I just checked the portal and found out that I am ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 4/8 and accepted 4/20. Good luck to you @basket_cass. I hope you hear something soom

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 0:17 AM, Gee_ said:

Accepted or not once your status changes it will say FINAL DECISION. If you scroll down there will be a link to a notification. Trust me, I know this is overwhelming but so far Hunter seems to be accepting their MSW candidates so that's a great sign. It is hard not overthink it but you will soon get a decision. If your situation was similar yo most of us who were accepted then my guess is that you'll hear between Thursday- Friday or Monday since your interview was on the 8th. 

Thank you @Gee_ for your support! I just received an email notification that I was accepted!! 

7 minutes ago, BNBprayerful said:

I just checked the portal and found out that I am ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 4/8 and accepted 4/20. Good luck to you @basket_cass. I hope you hear something soom

Congratulations, I'm  glad everything worked out for you! I'm still trying to get in contact with the school and it's been officially three weeks with my interview :( who did you get in contact with when you called the school? I left a voicemail and email Juan Santiago 

2 minutes ago, basket_cass said:

Congratulations, I'm  glad everything worked out for you! I'm still trying to get in contact with the school and it's been officially three weeks with my interview :( who did you get in contact with when you called the school? I left a voicemail and email Juan Santiago 

I kept calling Juan Santiago until he answered. Told him I didn't have computer access and he checked my account (said it was being reviewed). My status changed within 24 hours of speaking to him. 

46 minutes ago, BNBprayerful said:

Thank you @Gee_ for your support! I just received an email notification that I was accepted!! 

Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! The wait is over. Sigh. 

1 minute ago, NYCMSW said:

Have all who have interviewed and been accepted on the clinical track?

Me!!!!! Accepted to the clinical track. 

7 minutes ago, Psychotea said:

@Gee_ thank you !! U too! Any recommendation between nyu or Hunter for clinical?

yes I am in clinical track @NYCMSW

Definitely a tough decision. Both are great so I cannot really say much. But personally, for me, it came down to price. To be in debt or not to be in debt. That was the question that torture me for months until I sent my deposit to Hunter. @Psychotea have you try creating a comparison chart? Sometimes writing down pro and cons help. 

On 4/20/2017 at 4:49 PM, BNBprayerful said:

I kept calling Juan Santiago until he answered. Told him I didn't have computer access and he checked my account (said it was being reviewed). My status changed within 24 hours of speaking to him. 

After waiting 3 weeks, I finally found I got accepted into the program!!!!

1 hour ago, NYCMSW said:

Has anyone interviewed for the Community Organization track?  And if so have you received a decision?

I've interviewed but haven't received a decision, though my application has been updated to "being reviewed".

3 hours ago, catatap said:

Thanks! After habitually checking the site every few hours or so, I found out I was accepted yesterday. I am over the moon!

Hello. Congratulations!! When did you have your interview? :)

Edited by Isaiah1016

5 hours ago, catatap said:

Thanks! After habitually checking the site every few hours or so, I found out I was accepted yesterday. I am over the moon!

Congratulations!!!  How long after your status changing from being reviewed did you get a final decision?

21 hours ago, Isaiah1016 said:

Hello. Congratulations!! When did you have your interview? :)

Thanks! I interviewed last week (week of the 17th).

20 hours ago, NYCMSW said:

Congratulations!!!  How long after your status changing from being reviewed did you get a final decision?

Less than a day, which I found surprising. 

Edited by catatap

On 4/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, NYCMSW said:

Has anyone interviewed for the Community Organization track?  And if so have you received a decision?

I interviewed for COPD on April 20th and haven't heard back. Also, my account never changed to "Pending Interview" or "Being Reviewed". ??‍♀️