Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
12sliders

Hunter College City of NY

264 posts in this topic

Today must be a great day. 

I was invited for an interview as well. :D

What a day!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gee_ said:

Today must be a great day. 

I was invited for an interview as well. :D

What a day!!!!! 

CONGRATS GEE!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

CONGRATS GEE!!!!!!

Thank youuu Sliders! Congrats to you too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

Thank youuu Sliders! Congrats to you too. :)

THANK YOU! (I keep hoping it's not a mistake since I have not gotten my email yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a dance teacher at Hunter who, during our pre-dance stretch, would make us say aloud: YOU ARE THE BEST THERE IS! AIN'T NOBODY FLYER THAN YOU!

That goes for all of you with the interviews. Congrats! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, linabina said:

I had a dance teacher at Hunter who, during our pre-dance stretch, would make us say aloud: YOU ARE THE BEST THERE IS! AIN'T NOBODY FLYER THAN YOU!

That goes for all of you with the interviews. Congrats! 😊

AWW thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, linabina said:

I had a dance teacher at Hunter who, during our pre-dance stretch, would make us say aloud: YOU ARE THE BEST THERE IS! AIN'T NOBODY FLYER THAN YOU!

That goes for all of you with the interviews. Congrats! 😊

:D Thank you so much for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gee_ said:

Today must be a great day. 

I was invited for an interview as well. :D

What a day!!!!! 

Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 12sliders said:

Just checked my portal...it says PENDING INTERVIEW. Did anyone else get that too?

Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Psychotea said:

that's awesome - congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

3.4 GPA- BSW, over 5 years of experience in social services (substance abuse, geriatrics, foster care, developmentally disabled, homelessness and behavioral health...just to name a few) and I am currently a supervisor managing 25-30 individuals. 

Hope that helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AdeMSW said:

Congratulations!!

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

Congrats!!

Thanks girl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview invitation. I have mine tomorrow and I'm so scared!!!!!

Edited by MSWnyc94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MSWnyc94 said:

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview invitation. I have mine tomorrow and I'm so scared!!!!!

Thank you. Good luck to you. Let us know how it went. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had my interview today!! does anyone know how long it should take to hear back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lovetodogood said:

i had my interview today!! does anyone know how long it should take to hear back?

How was it? It should take 2 to 3 weeks or less to hear back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

How was it? It should take 2 to 3 weeks or less to hear back. 

it was ok! its kind of impossible to tell how you did....she (I forgot the facilitators name) asked us all why the clinical track, how our social identity will affect our relationship with our clients, and then gave us a hypothetical clinical situation. I thought everyone had articulate and insightful answers. The writing portion sucked haha. The article was dense and the question to answer kind of made no sense but oh well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lovetodogood said:

it was ok! its kind of impossible to tell how you did....she (I forgot the facilitators name) asked us all why the clinical track, how our social identity will affect our relationship with our clients, and then gave us a hypothetical clinical situation. I thought everyone had articulate and insightful answers. The writing portion sucked haha. The article was dense and the question to answer kind of made no sense but oh well!

Oh man :o

At least you're over the interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

Oh man :o

At least you're over the interview. 

 

def! also, NYU is my top and i put a deposit down there but I do want to get into hunter! So my nerves arent terrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's funny, I had my interview today too. 

It went well. But i agree, the writing portion sucked. I just literally wrote what the article said in my own words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 4:37 PM, 12sliders said:

Just checked my portal...it says PENDING INTERVIEW. Did anyone else get that too?

Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Empress said:

Congrats!!

Thanks! I'm concerned though- haven't gotten the email yet! ahh hope it comes soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12sliders said:

Thanks! I'm concerned though- haven't gotten the email yet! ahh hope it comes soon.

Hopefully soon, the important part is that the status has changed. I think someone else sends the invite that could be the cause for delay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now