Hunter College City of NY

12sliders

26 minutes ago, Psychotea said:

Hey guys,

I am getting hopeless waiting for a response :( I have been accepted to all 4/5 schools so far with scholarship and not even a response from Hunter..

Anyone in similar boats?

What is the status of your application?  

Mine says Pending Interview but it's been almost 2 weeks and I have not received any email regarding scheduling one.  Does anyone know how to contact Hunter to followup about this?  I have emailed but did not receive any reply.  I'm getting hopeless too Psychotea.

1 hour ago, NYCMSW said:

What is the status of your application?  

Mine says Pending Interview but it's been almost 2 weeks and I have not received any email regarding scheduling one.  Does anyone know how to contact Hunter to followup about this?  I have emailed but did not receive any reply.  I'm getting hopeless too Psychotea.

Hi, you can also contact Juan Santiago and I suggest calling. When I called him he was the one who told me an estimate of when I should hear from Hunter. Philip Angulo on the other hand, have me a general answer. Mr. Santiago at least checked to see if I was going to be in the next group to be reviewed. 

1 hour ago, Psychotea said:

yes, you can contact:'pangulo@hunter.cuny.edu'

Mine just says submitted - at least yours is headed in the right direction haha! ;)

Try calling Juan Santiago. He checks your place in the process. Meaning that he can tell you when you might heard from Hunter. It worked for me.

Thanks Gee.  I just called and left a message hoping he calls me back.  I know that the school is on break next week not sure if staff is as well.  If they are it could mean another whole week of waiting to hear something.  Getting into grad school is stressful enough, just wish I knew something.

10 minutes ago, NYCMSW said:

Thanks Gee.  I just called and left a message hoping he calls me back.  I know that the school is on break next week not sure if staff is as well.  If they are it could mean another whole week of waiting to hear something.  Getting into grad school is stressful enough, just wish I knew something.

Tell me about it! Basically, we have to stalk them until someone gives us some info and that's is stressful. But don't worry too much. You'll hear soon you will see. 

Hi guys,

I was wondering, does anyone know when mandatory orientation is? I know there are some pre-orientations as early as May/June but does anyone know when the mandatory one before classes is? Anybody that already attends the school and still visits the forum? :ph34r:

I've been planning a trip for my bday which is August 21st and wanted to know if it will be possible :(

10 hours ago, Psychotea said:

Hey guys,

I am getting hopeless waiting for a response :( I have been accepted to all 4/5 schools so far with scholarship and not even a response from Hunter..

Anyone in similar boats?

Same boat. Unfortunately, I can't continue to wait on Hunter because my NYC lease is up 6/1. Signed my Boston lease today so it's def BC for me.

For future applicants: All docs and recommendations were submitted by deadline, and no status change as of 4/6. Applied to COPD track.

Reading this site has been encouraging. However, I'm worried that I screwed up my interview at Hunter yesterday.  Was totally nervous and couldn't answer the first question "which method I'm interested in".... warmed up quickly and answered after she named the methods.   Has anyone ruined their chance of admission by messing up one important question???????  stressed!!!!

Edited by BNBprayerful

On 4/9/2017 at 1:43 AM, BNBprayerful said:

Reading this site has been encouraging. However, I'm worried that I screwed up my interview at Hunter yesterday.  Was totally nervous and couldn't answer the first question "which method I'm interested in".... warmed up quickly and answered after she named the methods.   Has anyone ruined their chance of admission by messing up one important question???????  stressed!!!!

Was your interview on 4/8?? Omg I feel the same way too. Although they said there are no "right or wrong" answers. I really  just want to know the chances of getting rejected after the interview. I check my application like every 5 minutes lol

On 4/7/2017 at 2:14 PM, Gee_ said:

For those who got accepted and are planning to agtend, did you send your deposit yet? 

Sending in my deposit before the week is out. I wanted to go do it personally but not sure if the offices are open. I'll probably end up overnighting it (with a signature/receipt) and save myself the gas and headache of finding parking. 

Hey everyone!

I had my interview at Hunter on March 30th and I'm still waiting to hear back if I got accepted or not. How long did it take for you all to hear back? I've been checking my online application everyday and it still says "being reviewed" ?

Edited by basket_cass

5 hours ago, Empress said:

Sending in my deposit before the week is out. I wanted to go do it personally but not sure if the offices are open. I'll probably end up overnighting it (with a signature/receipt) and save myself the gas and headache of finding parking. 

Signture/receipt is a great idea and will save you the trip. I ended up doing the same. I sent it as certified mail a week ago and received a confirmation yesterday. 

2 hours ago, basket_cass said:

Hey everyone!

I had my interview at Hunter on March 30th and I'm still waiting to hear back if I got accepted or not. How long did it take for you all to hear back? I've been checking my online application everyday and it still says "being reviewed" ?

Hi basket, my interview was on March 22nd, and heard back I think on March 28th.  So almost a week. Good luck to you!

Hey all! I just received an emailed stating I was accepted!!! I had my interview 4/8 and found out today. I haven't heard back from Lehman College but hunter has such a great rep for their MSW program so more than likely I will be attending there. Anyone else on the 2 year clinical track ?

51 minutes ago, Cestla_vie said:

Hey all! I just received an emailed stating I was accepted!!! I had my interview 4/8 and found out today. I haven't heard back from Lehman College but hunter has such a great rep for their MSW program so more than likely I will be attending there. Anyone else on the 2 year clinical track ?

Congrats on your acceptance!! I had my interview on 4/6 and am waiting to hear back. I also applied for the 2 year clinical track, hoping for an email soon! 

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Cestla_vie said:

Was your interview on 4/8?? Omg I feel the same way too. Although they said there are no "right or wrong" answers. I really  just want to know the chances of getting rejected after the interview. I check my application like every 5 minutes lol

Yesssss!!! I interviewed on 4/8 at 10am. I'm also checking my app constantly and it changed from pending interview to being reviewed.  Ughhhh now I can't stop searching for what that means.  Stressed!!!???

25 minutes ago, BNBprayerful said:

Yesssss!!! I interviewed on 4/8 at 10am. I'm also checking my app constantly and it changed from pending interview to being reviewed.  Ughhhh now I can't stop searching for what that means.  Stressed!!!???

It means that they are going over the last "details" and a final decision should be posted on your portal soon. This could mean a few days, a week, or 2 weeks. I happened to check my portal at midnight and there wasa final decision.  Just like you and @Cestla_vie I kept checking my portal. Good luck ladies. 

I have still not gotten any update from Hunter since my status changed almost 4 weeks ago to Pending Interview.  I have called and emailed. Even after finally getting someone to speak to with promises that they would look into why I have not received an email to schedule an interview I received no follow up.  It has come down to what is more valuable the in-state tuition or my self worth.  I am also concerned how they treat their students once they are in the program.  Is it the same as how they treat their prospective students?  I have a big decision to make in the next week because of other deadlines.

Edited by NYCMSW

20 hours ago, Gee_ said:

It means that they are going over the last "details" and a final decision should be posted on your portal soon. This could mean a few days, a week, or 2 weeks. I happened to check my portal at midnight and there wasa final decision.  Just like you and @Cestla_vie I kept checking my portal. Good luck ladies. 

Thank you!! Can't find any description of what's posted on the portal when rejected.  Is it also "being reviewed"??? @Gee_

Edited by BNBprayerful

2 hours ago, BNBprayerful said:

Thank you!! Can't find any description of what's posted on the portal when rejected.  Is it also "being reviewed"??? @Gee_

Accepted or not once your status changes it will say FINAL DECISION. If you scroll down there will be a link to a notification. Trust me, I know this is overwhelming but so far Hunter seems to be accepting their MSW candidates so that's a great sign. It is hard not overthink it but you will soon get a decision. If your situation was similar yo most of us who were accepted then my guess is that you'll hear between Thursday- Friday or Monday since your interview was on the 8th.