The 2017 website freak out forum

bunkerhill

5 minutes ago, minakoruk said:

you can't, i counterstalked and found out their city and workplace and it matched to the city and network domain of the hits. but i digress lol 

Ohh! I got excited for a moment lol. I'm sorry about the stalking though, that's annoying :(

27 minutes ago, minakoruk said:

so so so so rooting for you and @BICEO !! hope you'll get good news next week.

meanwhile checking my analytics daily and all i have so far is repeated hits from partner's ex UGH ?

hey thanks!  And thats fun.  I get hits like that.  Arent they wonderful?

1 hour ago, minakoruk said:

so so so so rooting for you and @BICEO !! hope you'll get good news next week.

meanwhile checking my analytics daily and all i have so far is repeated hits from partner's ex UGH ?

Thank you!!! 

in response, bc this was on my grad school binge list (actually a very good show! was very skeptical at first, but it does a really nice job of character development):

CXG1a.gif

Analytics spam sucks. Got a bunch of spam in November with the language set as "Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!" before I managed to filter it out. .____.

Edited by sylviecerise

54 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

Thank you!!! 

in response, bc this was on my grad school binge list (actually a very good show! was very skeptical at first, but it does a really nice job of character development):

CXG1a.gif

Analytics spam sucks. Got a bunch of spam in November with the language set as "Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!" before I managed to filter it out. .____.

truth!!!!! i get spam through amazonaws and it is horrible. plays with your feelings.

lol this gif is hilarious

Ugh I got a bunch of that too!: 

Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!

Vitaly rules google ☆*:。゜゚・*ヽ(^ᴗ^)ノ*・゜゚。:*☆ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯(ಠ益ಠ)(ಥ‿ಥ)(ʘ‿ʘ)ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ヽ(゚Д゚)ノʕ•̫͡•ʔᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ(=^ ^=)oO

Google officially recommends o-o-8-o-o.com search shell! 

Filters are your best friend  ????

28 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

Ugh I got a bunch of that too!: 

Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!

Vitaly rules google ☆*:。゜゚・*ヽ(^ᴗ^)ノ*・゜゚。:*☆ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯(ಠ益ಠ)(ಥ‿ಥ)(ʘ‿ʘ)ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ヽ(゚Д゚)ノʕ•̫͡•ʔᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ(=^ ^=)oO

Google officially recommends o-o-8-o-o.com search shell! 

Filters are your best friend  ????

haha meanwhile vitaly is sitting on his couch counting his ad money...

Dear fellow analytics lovers, I have a relevant question. I use carbonmade as my portfolio host and it has completely different statistics than Google Analytics in terms of number of sessions and visitors. I read that this may be because Google Analytics only collects data from computers and users who accept cookies, but the article was... dated. Anyone have any insight about this, whether it be for catching visits from schools or future artistic pursuits? 

3 hours ago, minakoruk said:

Dear fellow analytics lovers, I have a relevant question. I use carbonmade as my portfolio host and it has completely different statistics than Google Analytics in terms of number of sessions and visitors. I read that this may be because Google Analytics only collects data from computers and users who accept cookies, but the article was... dated. Anyone have any insight about this, whether it be for catching visits from schools or future artistic pursuits? 

Any site collecting visit data is going to use what are called first party cookies. Maybe one of the accounts is set to filter out your own views? I've experienced the same thing with google analytics vs squarespace analytics. 

17 hours ago, minakoruk said:

I'm not sure how much Carbonmade will let you edit by hand, but there's a small bit of code from Google Analytics that you can copy/paste into each page of your site if you're interested in having Google's statistics!