UC Irvine Not Showing Receipt of Transcripts

GreenEyedTrombonist

Question

I was just checking over the GATS website for Irvine and it says they are waiting for transcripts before they can process my application. It also says that the high volume of documents received could cause a delay of a few weeks in updating the website. My transcripts were sent November 21st. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? Is anyone who sent transcripts to Irvine after that date seeing their status as complete? I know there's not much I can do by way of contacting Irvine before February 1st (they say don't contact them before then about updates to the system), but I'd like to know if the transcripts potentially got lost in the mail and I'll need to send new ones. :/ 

Other potentially relevant info: I'm applying for a PhD in their Anthropology program. They started sending interview requests January 10th for this program, though I haven't heard anything about an interview.

6 answers to this question

I sent my transcripts to them a bit later than that I think (didn't notice until later that they wanted an official transcript) and it looks to have appeared well on my end. I am however a psych person and they had already sent out interview invitations in early December (so a slightly faster time-frame). 

Have you been in contact with their admin people?

Ah, that's an additional difficulty, kind of dumb though they would add a clause or statement like that (I'm sure they have a lot of emails, but you also need to be able to fix potential problems).

I guess another way you can tackle it is if you can check with whoever delivered it, for example if I sent an electronic transcript from my university to another they would list if it was opened/accessed and if I sent it physically via the provided service I could call that third party company to ask the status.

Did you have to upload unofficial or scans of your official transcripts as well? (If that's part of the application, then they can always still see your GPA and course work, in which case it might be fine to wait.)

Edited by C is for Caps Locks

They let me upload unofficial transcripts which could substitute for official ones until an offer of admission was sent, but I also opted to send official transcripts anyways. I did get an email from the Anthro department Graduate Dean saying they received my application.

On 1/19/2017 at 5:22 PM, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

They let me upload unofficial transcripts which could substitute for official ones until an offer of admission was sent, but I also opted to send official transcripts anyways. I did get an email from the Anthro department Graduate Dean saying they received my application.

GreenEyedTrombonist, do you know your application status? Does it still show that you are missing your transcripts? I'm wondering. I'm applying for a PhD in their Education school. I haven't heard anything except that the GATS website has been "being reviewed" since the holiday break. I'm preparing for the worst case scenario.

Edited by PaU^_^PaU