SLP Physical Science Prereq

ASHA's guidelines on the physical science prerequisite are pretty open to interpretation it seems, as long as the class is physics or chemistry. Does anyone know if I can take a conceptual physics course to meet this? I know it is dependent on each school, but I am wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks!

Edited by plume

It definitely depends on the school BUT I know you can appeal it, if you take the course, and the school doesn't accept it. 

I took the 'physics of speech and sound' and some of the schools (I think 3) wouldn't accept this but I appealed to admissions and they said it was fine. So I haven't had a problem. At my undergrad institution they took 'physics of chocolate' and it was accepted. :P

• 1 month later...

I am late on this BUT just wanted to share in case anyone is looking for a Chemistry class. Shasta College has an online Chem for NON-science majors that I took last year and it was breeze! The professor was amazing and I actually enjoyed the class. Never thought I would say that about Chem lol.