What does "Available for recommendation" mean in UW Madison online application

kelvinLTR

Question

Hi, I'm another slightly depressed international graduate student who has not heard anything from any university I've applied for. I'm hoping to enter a Chemistry PhD programme in Fall'17.

The only change in applications page was observed in UW Madison, where it displayed something similar to " 001 G00 ~ G229 ~ ~ ~ the Available for Recommendation 12/16/2016 ~ 1182  " under status description.

Now it is  not there anymore. It says " Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates. "

I know I'm being super psyched, but does this mean anything?

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I had that happen to me and it also happened to another buddy here on the forum. I think it's just the system updating, it seemed to happen at the same time for us. I emailed the coordinator in my program for something unrelated to that shortly after that happened and my application was still pending. Wouldn't read into it too much but if you're REALLY curious, you may want to email the school. 

I had been getting a "Status temporarily not available" error and I mailed the department about it. Shortly after, I saw "Available for recommendation" which changed to "pending" again. Oh the torture !

I'm also an international student applying to UW-Madison and I cannot wait more to get a reply...

I am wondering if it would be good to e-mail the department or is it just going to upset them that I am so impatient in waiting for a reply? I don't want to come off so thirsty, but I am so wanting to be accepted into the program, it hurts.