Hello,

I created an account here because I want to see if someone can review my SOP. I can review yours as well if you want to. Thank you.

My family migrated here in the United States shortly after I graduated from ----------University for Bachelor of Science in Avionics --------. Although I did not go directly to graduate school, I continue to studying city colleges to make sure that I will choose the right course to master and the right institution to study. After carefully considering my academic background, my areas of interest and my ultimate professional ambition, which is to be part of a research program, I decided to pursue graduate studies of electrical Engineering in ----------University.

Out of many branches of engineering, electrical engineering has been particularly reasonable and important to me for a couple of reasons. First, my undergraduate degree is related to the electrical and communication of aviation. It is logical to choose a course that is associated from my undergraduate. The second reason is that when I was 13, I watched this documentary about a building that generates electricity power from kinetic energy, e.g. walking and since then I've been interested in electric and energy system. I am always following the latest news in technology and science as a result, I became fascinated and inspired in CSULA research centers for energy and sustainability which leads to my determination to seek admission in CSULA. I am looking for a graduate program that would enable me to contribute in a research program about energy conservation in the electrical system.

Moreover, my training experiences provide a strong foundation in my field of interest. During my undergraduate studies, I did an on the job training with L------- , a branch of the most leading aircraft maintenance of L-------. I serve as an intern with the senior avionics technicians in LTTP and some of the duties are diagnosing the control system in the cockpit, adjusting or replacing malfunctions wires in the cabin lights, testing the communication system inside the airplane and the antenna’s outside the aircraft.  In addition, after my undergraduate studies, I trained in A--------t which is a private company that covers the overall maintenance system of aircraft in accordance with the aircraft manual. Both trainings offered a combination of practical experience and an up to date theoretical knowledge and it also polished my teamwork skills.

Furthermore, my community college experiences improved my communication skills which will help toward my research career. I prepared myself in an English academic environment by taking classes in ---------City College and ---------City College because I know that it is important to communicate well. During my studies, I received in-depth instruction, learned to problem-solve and have knowledge of modern practices within my field, thus giving me an advanced English language skills and valuable intercultural experience.

All this invaluable experiences helped me in finalizing my future focus of study which is the energy electrical system. With my academic background, my experiences and my determination, I am suitable to be in a graduate program. I believe that everything connects to everything else therefore I truly feel that I am in the right direction to my goal of a career in research by pursuing the Master Science in Electrical Engineering. I would be grateful if I am given a chance in your graduate program.