Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

3 hours ago, Nichi said:

I didn't get an email, but when I just checked my status at Florida State it says I'm accepted.

So, you know, 1. WOO HOO!, but also 2. If anyone applied to FSU, maybe check your status on the website.

Same here! Congratulations!

9 hours ago, Nichi said:

I didn't get an email, but when I just checked my status at Florida State it says I'm accepted.

So, you know, 1. WOO HOO!, but also 2. If anyone applied to FSU, maybe check your status on the website.

BOOM

6 hours ago, Naruto said:

10 hours ago, Nichi said:

Congrats to the both of you!

14 hours ago, Nichi said:

Where did you check you status? Thx.

Received a call asking to come to Rochester for an interview on Wednesday (1/25) with some selected faculty. I live nearby (Syracuse) and personally know several faculty members so I already had quite an in, for transparency sake. I don't know if other interviews have or are going out, or if this is because of my relationship with some faculty members.

15 minutes ago, xypathos said:

Received a call asking to come to Rochester for an interview on Wednesday (1/25) with some selected faculty. I live nearby (Syracuse) and personally know several faculty members so I already had quite an in, for transparency sake. I don't know if other interviews have or are going out, or if this is because of my relationship with some faculty members.

Congratulations on the positive call! :D

20 hours ago, sleepingsusurrus said:

Acceptance to U of Georgia's PhD program !

helloo to the people I already told on Facebook ;-)

Congrats!

2 hours ago, xypathos said:

I hope the interview becomes fruitful!

Edited by Turretin

1 hour ago, xypathos said:

That's awesome! I'm very interested to know whether this is a special case or not. If you get any further information as far as the timing of their decisions go, I'd be very grateful if you informed us. 

Edited by Dialectica

11 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

For those who applied, I noticed that someone reported being accepted (by postal service) to the University of Southern California's Philosophy PhD program (on January 22nd). 

Does anyone want to message me to claim/confirm this before I post on the blog? I hope it is real—congratulations to whoever received it (and to all of the others who have been accepted so far!).

3 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

I saw that, but in past years, people have posted false information on the survey so I am following Jac's approach. Last year, a Princeton decision was posted remarkably early and it turned out to be false (I believe this was confirmed by someone calling the department). I'm hoping that the person who received the email can claim it and/or confirm it via PM before I post on the philosophy admissions blog. 

Edited by Sam Anscombe

On 1/20/2017 at 0:10 AM, Nichi said:

On 1/20/2017 at 3:40 AM, Naruto said:

Yay! You should message me! And come visit if you can!

1 hour ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

For those who applied, I noticed that someone reported being accepted to the University of Southern California's Philosophy PhD program (on January 22nd). 

Notice it's the other USC - South Carolina, not Southern California. 

Looks like there was an acceptance to Purdue yesterday as well, and much earlier than expected! Congratulations. The blog has been updated to reflect this.

As others have suggested, I would second the idea that there ought to be individual threads for Acceptances/Rejections/Waitlists as more decisions start coming out.