Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

24 minutes ago, Kingoftherats said:

Just received an email from the University of Cincinnati. Accepted with funding! 

Congratulations! :) I thought the GIF of Christian Bale dancing was fun from lurking last year, so I thought I'd contribute one for this year:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Kingoftherats said:

Just received an email from the University of Cincinnati. Accepted with funding! 

Really cool department. Are you a phil bio person? Your overall list suggests you might be.

41 minutes ago, Naruto said:

Congratulations!! Also got an acceptance! In my SOP for Cincinnati, I listed 8 faculty members I want to work with, so I'm super excited!

Thanks! Congratulations to you as well. Great faculty at UC!

5 hours ago, Kingoftherats said:

Agreed. More of a general phil sci person, but with interests in phil bio. 

Sweet. Angela Potochnik is right up your alley then. She's super friendly. Skipper and Richardson too. Cincy was a tough one to turn down for me. Such a cool place!

Also, definitely go to the recruitment weekend if you can. Theirs was the most fun of the ones I went to.

1 hour ago, Dialectica said:

Does anyone want to claim the Berkeley acceptance? I'm curious whether it was a fellowship offer. I can't recall whether UC-B releases over a couple of days or in one fell swoop. 

Claiming it. There was also at least one other one today that I saw on the Facebook group and they said funding details would come in early March. I'm still speechless honestly! :D Also guessing that more offers will come out in batches as they have in years past (based on the results page)

Edited by necessaryandsufficient

15 hours ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Got accepted into the University of Tennessee, Knoxville -  full funding for 5 years!

Haven't heard anything from the 11 other programs to which I applied..

13 hours ago, TruthInFiction said:

Just got an acceptance from UNC with funding that was actually sent yesterday.

Congrats to both of you! EXCELLENT news!

I've got accepted to Kings College London! (yay)!

It's an unconditional offer to the Masters program with no funding (less yay)!

It's the first place I've heard from and at least I'm in SOMEWHERE! Honestly, I'm thrilled to at least know that I will be going somewhere in the fall, even if it isn't my first choice.