Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

4 hours ago, Chlemm said:

I'm the one who reported a UChicago acceptance. I'm shocked and thrilled!

W00t!

1 hour ago, goldenstardust11 said:

giphy.gif

Excellent- congratulations! I'm the Loyola-Chicago acceptance, so we might be neighbors :)

Congrats!!

(not to spoil any fun, but I haven't heard from either of those schools and I applied to both... crosses-fingers)

Edited by Turretin

38 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

If anyone has any insight into whether Santa Barbara is finished with acceptances, I'd be very interested to hear it. I've seen acceptances in past years spread out, so I'm curious if there is reason to think that will be the case once again. 

Every time I see that you were the last person to comment in this thread, I hurriedly rush here hoping to see news that you were accepted somewhere, but it's always you asking questions! :o 

3 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

JUST ACCEPTED TO UCSB!! I needed this badly. I was shutout last year, and this was my last shot. My only worry now is funding. No word on that yet. If I can't get the funding, I can't go. Hoping it works out. 

WHOAH, AND JUST LIKE THAT! CONGRATULATIONS, MAN! I WAS PULLING FOR YOU!

8 minutes ago, Kingoftherats said:

A big congratulations to you, @Dialectica!!!! Hope you get some good news about the funding. 

9 minutes ago, sleepingsusurrus said:

Congrats, sounds well-earned!!

Thank you, both!! And, @Kingoftherats, I would have upvoted but I ran out.

33 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

If anyone has any insight into whether Santa Barbara is finished with acceptances, I'd be very interested to hear it. I've seen acceptances in past years spread out, so I'm curious if there is reason to think that will be the case once again. 

Same, re: UNC. 

21 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

JUST ACCEPTED TO UCSB!! I needed this badly. I was shutout last year, and this was my last shot. My only worry now is funding. No word on that yet. If I can't get the funding, I can't go. Hoping it works out. 

CONGRATS!!!!! :D

22 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

rad!!! 

3 hours ago, Dialectica said:

Thank you all so much!! 

Yay!! I'll take one Chandler Bing, please!

giphy.gif

You got it, dude! Still so happy for you!! Good luck on funding - let us know how it goes!

Edited by goldenstardust11

2 hours ago, goldenstardust11 said:

giphy.gif

You got it, dude! Still so happy for you!! Good luck on funding - let us know how it goes!

Thank you so much! I'm hoping to have as kind a cohort as the folks here.

And congrats on Loyola-Chicago!! I'm not sure how I missed that! There's some great people there.