Could anyone grade my practice Essay for an Issue Task

Sefat Mohammady

Issue Topic

Educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Of course success is very important for everyone in life. I don’t think there would be a single reason behind our failure or success but there are different formulas which may or may not work for each specific person. So, I don’t think that the educational institutions would be the only determining factor.

First, it is not easy to predict accurately the way to success and there is no specific formula for it. Even, educational institution has proved that they cannot foresee that path precisely. For example, we have many magnates as Bill Gate that they were failed while studying in their schools but later on they have appeared as influential figure in the business and shocked everyone’s with their success. It shows that the institution didn’t realize the power in this magnates which lead them to success.

Second, there is no norm or standard for all institutions to follow. Even though, all institutes are not in same level. Thus, they will have different recognition of the student’s strengths, weakness and finally decision. Therefore, it will be ambiguous that how the educational institution will function when they determining the path which will eventually confuse the student. It doesn’t work as simply it looks.

Third, no one knows the real ability, strength, and weakness of a person than his-self. This contemplation give us confidence and energy. I am very good at management and perceive that I will be a good manager in construction project. However, my instructor was encouraging me to become a designer but I knew that I will be never a good designer. Because, despite of my great score in those subjects, they were very boring for me. Thus, it is a person who can decide well about himself not the institution.

To sum up, I disagree that educational institutions should dishearten the student from pursuing the field that are not likely to succeed. I belief this because the complexity of the way to success, lack of a standard determining norm for schools - different levels of institutes and perception of a person from their own ability are showing that institutions should not interfere about students decisions to select the fields of study.

Your comments would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sefat