Fall 2017 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto

CoffeeAddict

Has anyone gotten an interview from U of T and then been rejected? Wondering if interviews were a formality or not as they got backed up the day of mine and were probably trying to catch up on time so it felt rushed. Also, they asked me about 3 questions in total- so I thought that was a bit odd.

Edited by anoopkd

40 minutes ago, anoopkd said:

Has anyone gotten an interview from U of T and then been rejected? Wondering if interviews were a formality or not as they got backed up the day of mine and were probably trying to catch up on time so it felt rushed. Also, they asked me about 3 questions in total- so I thought that was a bit odd.

Did you have 3 separate meets with the profs or just 1 where they asked 3 questions? I met with 3 profs individually and each asked me 3 questions and I did the presentation thing. To me the interviews seemed mandated by the graduate department since they took notes on my answers. I think the interview counts as much as the application and it's used as sort of a sanity check prior to accepting someone into the program, in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, catman14 said:

Did you have 3 separate meets with the profs or just 1 where they asked 3 questions? I met with 3 profs individually and each asked me 3 questions and I did the presentation thing. To me the interviews seemed mandated by the graduate department since they took notes on my answers. I think the interview counts as much as the application and it's used as sort of a sanity check prior to accepting someone into the program, in my opinion.

Mine was via telephone as i'm from out of town- it was with Julia and one other person.  They asked me about myself, i did my presentation and then they asked me 3 questions together.  Nervous because it seemed a bit rushed so I couldnt gauge their thoughts ! Hence I was hoping interviews were moreso a formality

4 hours ago, anoopkd said:

Mine was via telephone as i'm from out of town- it was with Julia and one other person.  They asked me about myself, i did my presentation and then they asked me 3 questions together.  Nervous because it seemed a bit rushed so I couldnt gauge their thoughts ! Hence I was hoping interviews were moreso a formality

I also had a phone interview, because I am out of town as well. But it was a phone call with 3 separate professors. And I did my presentation with Julia. But it did seem like it was a little rushed, since I had maximum 15 mins with each of them. 

On 26/03/2017 at 0:37 AM, bananacad said:

I also had a phone interview, because I am out of town as well. But it was a phone call with 3 separate professors. And I did my presentation with Julia. But it did seem like it was a little rushed, since I had maximum 15 mins with each of them. 

That is so odd, mine was with only Julia and another member - it was with the both of them.  Did you apply for the full stream?

1 hour ago, anoopkd said:

That is so odd, mine was with only Julia and another member - it was with the both of them.  Did you apply for the full stream?

Yeah I applied for the full stream, the non executive option.  When did you have your interview? 

Congrats @Curlygirl123

Yeah same thing as catman: met with 2 faculty members and the program director. Answered 3 questions with Julia and a faculty member, then did 5 min presentation to the other faculty member, who asked questions.

I will be accepting the offer. Looking forward to meeting the 2017 cohort :) 

Edited by jql
tagging someone

1 hour ago, Kharchang said:

I have received an official offer from mcmaster and will accept it.Has any one else recievied an official offer from mcmaster

Congrats on the offer! I have received an offer from McMaster as well.  

Edited by Hopefull94

25 minutes ago, Hopefull94 said:

Congrats, Hopeful.I am going to make a facebook group for mor discussions.I wiil inform you about the link

On 04/04/2017 at 0:11 PM, Kharchang said:

I have received an official offer from mcmaster and will accept it.Has any one else recievied an official offer from mcmaster

Congrats Kharchang 

I hv also accepted offer from Mcmaster for MSc eHealth and made a group on fb. Here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767513160074603/

Hope to c u guys in McMaster 

On 04/04/2017 at 1:13 PM, Hopefull94 said:

Congrats Hopefull94

Just now, catman14 said:

Any reason you guys chose McM over UofT?

I had only applied for MSc eHealth Program. I am related to health field and Mcmaster is well known for heath things. 8 months internship is a plus point for this program. Commute is also one thing for me as I am located in Mississuaga