Best Course of action for soon to graduate Biological Engineer?

vd0g

Hey everybody, I'm currently a 4th year Biological Engineering major with a mechanics emphasis at UGA, also with a certificate in computing. I currently have a 3.1 GPA, and plan to graduate in the fall. I've taken the GRE and gotten 150 V, 167 Q, and 4.0 writing. I am planning to do research this summer alongside finishing my certificate, and finish up my classes entirely in the fall. I'm hoping to go to graduate school to get my masters eventually, and was generally considering going immediately after graduate school, but am unsure the best course of action to set my self up in the future, and with only a year left until graduating some advice is needed. I hope to raise my GPA to a 3.2-3.25 by graduation and am going to do anything to make that happen. I have a number of other extracurriculars as well, such as being vice president of a fraternity, working a job throughout the last two years of college, being a founder for a charity organization, and am currently working on my senior capstone project, to name a few.

The biggest questions I have are: Would it be reccomended to retake the GRE? Instead of doing research this summer, should I attempt to do an internship? Would it be an advisable course of action to apply for graduate school for Fall 2018, and use Spring 2018 to do a co-op/internship? Any help on an advisable future course of action would be extremely appreciated! 

Definitely research. You can improve your GRE while doing research as the only section that needs improvement is Verbal. Just download a Vocabulary app and practice the words!! I think research experience is more important than GRE for graduate school admission committees, especially in Bioengineering/BME. You can still apply in Fall 2017 and spend the Spring 2018 doing research. I think a research internship is much better than an industry internship for grad school.