NYU Fall 2017

MSW2017

26 minutes ago, MSWnyc94 said:

Has anybody put down a deposit for NYU and absolutely planning to attend? or has anyone put a deposit down until they receive an acceptance from another school?

I'm still unsure on where to put down a deposit NYU or Fordham until i hear back from Hunter :( 

What is the status of your Hunter app? Submitted or pending interview?

24 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

What is the status of your Hunter app? Submitted or pending interview?

It still says submitted. I applied by the Feb 5th deadline but then it took two weeks after that to have my recs completed and then I received a call that they needed my official transcript (something about my unofficial transcript missing info or something) and then they didn't receive the transcript until Feb 27th so it's gonna be a while until I hear from them.

I need to put a deposit down in the next two weeks :unsure:

What is your Hunter app status??

Edited by MSWnyc94

1 hour ago, MSWnyc94 said:

It still says submitted. I applied by the Feb 5th deadline but then it took two weeks after that to have my recs completed and then I received a call that they needed my official transcript (something about my unofficial transcript missing info or something) and then they didn't receive the transcript until Feb 27th so it's gonna be a while until I hear from them.

I need to put a deposit down in the next two weeks :unsure:

What is your Hunter app status??

I submitted my app the second week ofJanuary and was marked as completed i believe on the 19th or 24th of January. Still says submitted. Later, I found out Hunter extended their deadlines to March 10th. Just like you, I must reply to the other schools by March 14th. 

I just accepted NYU's admissions offer! I'm so excited. Hope to see some of you there in the fall. :) 

On 3/10/2017 at 3:39 PM, Psychotea said:

Did anyone get into the 32 Month Program for NYU?

And what are the scholarship sizes people are receiving? They told me I received the max, but the cynical side of me is  curious :)

THANKS!

I got into the 2 year program with a 7k scholarship. 

Hi Guys, 

Just wondering if anyone's thought about funding for both tuition and living expenses - trying to work while attending? Does anyone know if that's manageable with field work? 

On 3/13/2017 at 7:59 PM, emcue said:

Hi Guys, 

Just wondering if anyone's thought about funding for both tuition and living expenses - trying to work while attending? Does anyone know if that's manageable with field work? 

Hi, 

I got my MSW from NYU in 2011. Trust me, you will have no time to work a job while going to school. The program involves taking a full course load (4 classes) plus a 21 hr per week internship. The little time you have left will be spent on school work. Some people do manage to work a couple of hours per week but they find it very difficult.  You'll be able to work in the summer, tho. I hope that helps. Is be happy to answer any questions about the program. I'm returning this fall to NYU to get my DSW!  

17 minutes ago, Psychotea said:

@olayakHave you heard anything about the 32 month working professional program?  I plan on continuing my job in HR to afford the tuition.

Good Luck with your DSW!!

Honestly, I knew people who were in that program, we had classes together, but I really don't remember. Sorry!  I think the big difference is that they spread the internship out so that it goes for 12 months (fewer hours each week) instead of 8 months (21 hrs each week). But I could be remembering wrong. I think other people in the program kept their existing social work job and that counted towards their internship. 

If it's the program for working professionals I'm sure they make it manageable. They're super nice and will usually work with you to fix any problem. 

Edited by olayak