George Washington University

jgc

I'm going for the MPP. Are you definitly attending GW or do u have any second thoughts? I'm not from the US so what do you think about costs of living in DC, do you know smth about it? I've heard it's expencive, but how much is expensive... Do you have any thoughts about where to live close to the University and not very expensive?

I'm going for the MPP. Are you definitly attending GW or do u have any second thoughts? I'm not from the US so what do you think about costs of living in DC, do you know smth about it? I've heard it's expencive, but how much is expensive... Do you have any thoughts about where to live close to the University and not very expensive?

Yes, I am definitely going. It was a tough decision because I got great offers from other schools too, but I really felt welcome at GW and I liked that the program was smaller. I'm from the US, but I'm currently living in Germany, and I've never visited campus, so I can't give you much information about that. My boyfriend grew up in DC and we're currently trying to find apartment. It is definitely expensive-- to live within walking distance of campus, you will need to be willing to pay at least $1600-$1700 a month for a 1 bedroom. Arlington is also a great place to look, especially if places are close to the Courthouse, Rosslyn, Ballston, or Clarendon metro stops-- they are all on the orange line, which is also where campus is.

If you send me your email address, I will send you some links to places we've found that are close to campus and the cheapest we've found. Also, do you know about http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ ? That's a great place to start looking.

Laura

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use