Interviews?

Mrbenfield

Hi, I'm new to the site and have already seen many posts on interviews. Is that a pretty regular process for admissions? Other than Rice University, I didn't see any reference on program websites to interviews. I applied to anthropology programs at University of Iowa, SUNY Albany, and SUNY Binghamton. Should I expect an interview if my application is accepted? 

22 hours ago, Mrbenfield said:

Hi, I'm new to the site and have already seen many posts on interviews. Is that a pretty regular process for admissions? Other than Rice University, I didn't see any reference on program websites to interviews. I applied to anthropology programs at University of Iowa, SUNY Albany, and SUNY Binghamton. Should I expect an interview if my application is accepted? 

There are many programs that do interviews, but there are also quite a bit more that don't do them. It really depends on the department. My program invites potential students to come down for a couple of days to meet current grad students and talk to professors and see the campus/town (it's actually happening this week). This is a sort of interview but if you don't go then it's okay too (I didn't get to attend mine for numerous reasons including a snowstorm). So best to do is just wait it out. Once it gets closer to mid-February you could start emailing admin assistants from those departments that had earlier deadlines (like December 15 deadlines) and see where they are in the process of admissions.