2017 MFA Interview Thread

turnip

Anyone else interview with Columbia Sound Arts MFA faculty? Just had mine this morning and it was supposed to be a Skype one but when they said 3PM since I'm on the west coast I was literally in class and they called me and we moved it to a phone interview (holy shit that was nerve-wracking). Nonetheless the interview went super well and apparently one of my answers to their questions was "the best answer they've ever heard" so I'm staying positive. Best of luck to everyone! <3

On 27/02/2017 at 11:33 PM, Kamari said:

Anyone else interview with Columbia Sound Arts MFA faculty? Just had mine this morning and it was supposed to be a Skype one but when they said 3PM since I'm on the west coast I was literally in class and they called me and we moved it to a phone interview (holy shit that was nerve-wracking). Nonetheless the interview went super well and apparently one of my answers to their questions was "the best answer they've ever heard" so I'm staying positive. Best of luck to everyone! <3

Omg, congratulations, hope you get in with good funding! Regarding the "best answer", what was their questions and how did you answer it? :D

I will interview this week for New Genres. How many people interviewed you? And how long did it last? I know you were nervous but just wondering.

I haven't seen anyone in the thread applying for sound, but I've heard Columbia has a great program!

Good luck and tell me more! <3

On 2/28/2017 at 3:30 PM, MfaNewGenres said:

Omg, congratulations, hope you get in with good funding! Regarding the "best answer", what was their questions and how did you answer it? :D

I will interview this week for New Genres. How many people interviewed you? And how long did it last? I know you were nervous but just wondering.

I haven't seen anyone in the thread applying for sound, but I've heard Columbia has a great program!

Good luck and tell me more! <3

Hey so sorry for just seeing this! 

The question they asked was "Why are you planning to continue graduate school right after your undergrad?" and I said "well I think it would behoove me to continue my education as I feel as though there are more people I can touch and more individuals I can help through my art."

I was only interviewed by two people and one was the dean of the program. How did your New Genres interview go!?