Harvard 2017 Psych Applicants

WhereamI

31 minutes ago, 8BitJourney said:

I haven't heard from JW either :/ love his work but it's a hella competitive program.

Right, I am definitely keeping my expectations low. I was just wondering if anyone here had been offered an interview from him already so I could lose the last of my hope... best of luck to you!

Oddly enough there's a Harvard psychology acceptance on the results page but it doesn't say if its clinical. I wouldn't be surprised if the were already at that stage. Some programs are pretty hush hush.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:41 PM, psych0627 said:

Have any  clinical applicants heard from POI JW yet? 

Not me! Would be curious if anyone else did. Please PM me if you heard back from JW or MN. Thanks!

On 2/3/2017 at 5:57 PM, 8BitJourney said:

Oddly enough there's a Harvard psychology acceptance on the results page but it doesn't say if its clinical. I wouldn't be surprised if the were already at that stage. Some programs are pretty hush hush.

@8BitJourney I see it too! Please PM me if you hear more details (POI/ whether Clinical/ etc.). I am also keeping my expectation low, but if an offer has already been made for the same spot I applied for, it will be great to know. Thanks and good luck!

On 2/3/2017 at 4:51 PM, psych0627 said:

Right, I am definitely keeping my expectations low. I was just wondering if anyone here had been offered an interview from him already so I could lose the last of my hope... best of luck to you!

@psych0627 I see an acceptance for Harvard Psych - any news on POI? Thanks and good luck!

One of my labmates was invited to interview and flown out late last month. It was just a meeting with their POI, not like a whole interview weekend. However, their research interest area is social psychology related. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, WhereamI said:

@tere93 Clinical Science

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, psych0627 said:

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, periwinkle27 said:

It's been radio silence from Harvard

So I've been told: "If you haven't heard from faculty by now, that's probably not a good sign.  Final decision letters will be mailed near the end of the month."

I'm pretty much tapping out for the school now.

Just wondering--is 'JM' Jeremy Wolfe? If so, I don't believe he is really recruiting grads this year (or if he is accepting students, he knew who they were in advance). I work at Harvard currently so I see him from time to time, and that is what he suggested about 6 months back.

Edited by socrate4se

39 minutes ago, socrate4se said:

Just wondering--is 'JM' Jeremy Wolfe? If so, I don't believe he is really recruiting grads this year (or if he is accepting students, he knew who they were in advance). I work at Harvard currently so I see him from time to time, and that is what he suggested about 6 months back.

For me it wasn't Dr. Wolfe but not sure about the other posters. I'm pretty sure my app was just not up to snuff

8 hours ago, socrate4se said:

I talked to him before christmas, he said that he cannot directly recruit grad students for the Psychology program as he is in the medical school. He suggested he could co-advised.