Harvard 2017 Psych Applicants

WhereamI

On 2/14/2017 at 10:21 AM, 8BitJourney said:

Harvard Clinical poster accepted via phone on 2/8 - any idea who that might be? Could you please email me your POI name. Thanks!

So I've been told: "If you haven't heard from faculty by now, that's probably not a good sign.  Final decision letters will be mailed near the end of the month."

I'm pretty much tapping out for the school now.

@BitJourney In those cases, why aren't rejections being notified? Also if theres an open position in Clinical, wonder if anyone has claimed it yet?

33 minutes ago, WhereamI said:

@BitJourney In those cases, why aren't rejections being notified? Also if theres an open position in Clinical, wonder if anyone has claimed it yet?

Because most schools take their time with rejections. There are very few that send them the same time as acceptances. Only one school that I know has rejected me has sent an official letter and acceptances were notified weeks ago.

They position may or may not be filled but I doubt they'd take a student right away (working out funding takes time, setting up space for the lab, they may not even be mentoring faculty).

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, tere93 said:

Hey there again!

Just trying one more time hehe - Has anybody heard from Harvard yet??

I had mailed the graduate admission coordinator last week. She said that results will be out this week.

6 hours ago, Kodel said:

I had mailed the graduate admission coordinator last week. She said that results will be out this week.

Nice!! I guess it'll be bad news if I haven't heard anything so far anyways ;) Thanks for the info tho!

17 hours ago, Kodel said:

11 hours ago, tere93 said:

Nice!! I guess it'll be bad news if I haven't heard anything so far anyways ;) Thanks for the info tho!

Agree! Thanks for the heads up, it's somehow comforting although I did not heard anything anyways!

19 hours ago, Kodel said:

Hi @Kodel thanks! Is the admissions coordinator POI-specific or generally for the Clinical Science program? Thanks again!

Rejected - I am relieved and would like to pursue something else that I always had in mind. If you got accepted by Dr. Nock - congrats!! could you please let me know if you did? Would love to hear more about what was the selection criterion. Thank you! And good luck to all!!