Playing the waiting game

Books&Caffine

I've heard literally nothing and it's starting to freak me out. No mail, no calls, no e-mails. The most I've gotten is emailed receipts for my submissions and South Carolina's Financial Aid office asking me to create an account so they can......? Yeah, if anyone could finish that sentence, I'd appreciate it, because I'm at a loss. The results from other schools are starting to pour in, but none from my schools.

Also I flip-flop literally every day as to whether my chances are decent or terrible. I stay occupied by reading too much mindless fiction. Just finished Ring by Koji Suzuki. Also I'm trying to get into classical music, if anyone has any recommendations. I want 19th and 20th century rebels.

I am also freaking out. Fun fact: I just submitted my last application yesterday and shouldn't be concerned because all the schools that I've applied won't send out anything until March. But I still worry about it every second, overanalyze all the emails or whatnot that I receive, and imagine the worst situation. I should calm down and distract myself...

Another Mahler lover here! (I actually got to sing in his 8th Symphony once, that was incredible.)  Dvorak and Stravinsky are other classics - if you like opera, you should listen to Rusalka.  When I'm feeling anxious or angry, virtuoso violin concertos tend to be perfect! I'd really recommend the Ronda Capriccioso by Saint-Saens and Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D major. For another rebel who's less, hm, vigorously emotive, you should listen to Erik Satie. He's the one who composed the music for Parade!