Berkeley M. Eng

JYL_eng

Hi guys!

I just received an interview invitation from UC Berkeley's M.Eng program in IEOR.

For those who have also applied to the M.Eng program, please share if you received any communication from university/status of your application/admit etc.

Does anyone know what are the chances of admission if you've been through an interview?

Applied for Nuclear Engineering program, never heard anything from them. UCB ranks 5th in nuclear engineering but they have really high standards for graduate students, so I'm expecting much the same as I don't expect much from MIT.

Okay, I received an email today from UCB's NE department asking me to consider transferring my application to the M.Eng program, which means I probably won't get into the Ph.D. program. I don't know anything about the M.Eng program and I'm pretty sure this will lead to a rejection for me, since I'm only interested in getting a phd. Quite confusing though. The email didn't mention any interview, but instead said I will very likely get admitted in the M.Eng program if I agree to transfer. 

On 2/7/2017 at 2:06 AM, Aman Tripathi said:

I also received an email. However, I don't know anyone who has interviewed before. Can anyone please share his/her experience?

which program did you apply for?

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, goldenbear13 said:

Do you have to receive an interview to get accepted into the program? Do acceptances/rejections come out at the same time for all the different departments in the Fung institute Masters of Engineering program?

No interview/interview invitation for me. I've heard that most Master program in Berkeley do not require interview(not confirmed).

Results from different departments don't come out at the same time. Also results from same departments may not come out at the same time. But I guess they will arrive very soon since some of the result is out already.

1 hour ago, tsubasabc said:

I got an email saying the department recommended me for admission to MEng in Bioengineering. Not sure if it is acceptance letter or not...

That's the acceptance letter! Congrats! I'm still waiting for EECS :(

20 hours ago, tsubasabc said:

No interview/interview invitation for me. I've heard that most Master program in Berkeley do not require interview(not confirmed).

Results from different departments don't come out at the same time. Also results from same departments may not come out at the same time. But I guess they will arrive very soon since some of the result is out already.

Thanks for the info. Any idea how many apply to M eng/how many are accepted?

21 minutes ago, jennywang said:

I am also waiting on the EECS M.Eng. result. Not sure if not hearing anything by now implies a rejection.

It's interesting that only one post of admittance and nothing else ...