University of Vermont Decisions

Hi all! I wanted to start this post to hear from others who applied/heard back from the University of Vermont regarding their Fall 2017 Comm. Dis. program. 

I received my acceptance from them last night! I will wait to hear back from the other schools I have applied to but just wanted to put this out here to meet some others who have heard back and/or may be considering attending.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 0:00 AM, babykoala said:

Sorry to interject, but I'm considering applying to University of Vermont next year. What about the program stands out to you guys? Thanks! Also, congrats on the acceptance! 

@babykoala UVM has a really intimate program with a lot of focus on working together as a cohort and with the professors. The faculty I have met there are extremely helpful and want the best for their students. I will be visiting in 2 weeks again for an accepted student open house, feel free to reach out if you have any more questions! Good luck with applications!

On 2/2/2017 at 11:37 PM, jabo21 said:

Hello!

I also received an admission offer. I am really wondering if any financial aid/assistantships are available, especially since I'm out of state. Very exciting!

@jabo21 I was wondering the same thing since I am also out of state. Will you be going to one of the accepted student open houses at the end of February?

On 2/19/2017 at 6:40 PM, jabo21 said:

@madisonrd I am unable to attend the open house, but I did inquire about funding. They said that the Dean of Students was making decisions about how many scholarships/fellowships would be offered this year, and that information would be available sometime in March. Hopefully we hear something soon!

@jabo21 thanks for sharing! I will let you and @brookess11 know if they give out any more information at the open house which will be beneficial to us accepted students. 

Has anyone else not heard from UVM? At this point chances seem slim for me, and I checked on my application a couple weeks ago and they said decisions were going out "shortly." Anyone else in the same position? I thought we all would have heard by now as the open houses are less than a week away.

@rbevacqua Thanks and congrats again! I received my rejection right away on 2/1 so I thought I was probably cut right away and it was no contest. Your GPA is certainly higher than my 3.5 so if I am not accepted anywhere, perhaps I will retake neuro (I got a C in undergrad) and try again. I would love to go to UVM!

• 5 months later...

Not sure if any of you are still involved on GradCafe, but I was wondering if you knew what percentage roughly gets GA/scholarships? The number on ASHA seems high (15 offered with funding or something like that) and I wanted to see if it was partial tuition or what. I'm from Ohio and trying to find east coast schools that aren't outrageously expensive.

• 3 years later...
On 2/21/2017 at 9:51 AM, sophianc said:

Has anyone else not heard from UVM? At this point chances seem slim for me, and I checked on my application a couple weeks ago and they said decisions were going out "shortly." Anyone else in the same position? I thought we all would have heard by now as the open houses are less than a week away.

I know it has been a while but did you end up getting accepted?