Official Interview Thread 2017

14 minutes ago, Mary93 said:

I have an interview with Mercy, was invited via e-mail.  I replied to the e-mail but never got a confirmation that my e-mail was received.  Should I be concerned that my response was never received??

I wouldn't be concerned! I replied to the e-mail and didn't get a confirmation that it was received either!

13 hours ago, K8eCastle said:

I got an interview at Oklahoma State! I'm not sure if I should do it in person or via Skype (it's a 45 minute drive). Skype is more convenient but I'm afraid that my personality won't come through as clearly if that makes sense

Yeah I'm skyping with Pacific University because I live across the country and several hundred dollars for a plane ticket and then hotel fees on top it is just not something I can do, but I really wish I was going out there.

I got an informal interview at UIC (U of I at Chicago). But I'm trying to not get overly excited as they invited everyone that applied to come to the interview. It's 2-3 days long filled with activities and a day out to check out Chicago. 

On 2/4/2017 at 3:20 PM, wcslp said:

I appreciate the generosity, but I don't think it's fair to post the actual questions asked on the interview here... I've attended nearly a dozen interviews when I was applying, and we were always told not to tell other applicants the questions. This is particularly because many schools will have multiple rounds of interviews, not just 1 and done. That just makes it grossly unfair for the students who went in blind. Even if you yourself are okay with making it easier for the competition, the students that interviewed blindly with you on the first round might not (and probably won't be) cool with that. A big part of interviews are assessing personality. Someone who knows the questions beforehand are going to be MUCH more relaxed and confident than someone going in blind. This makes a stark difference for the people interviewing you, and gives the informed applicants a huge leg up on the competition. Not trying to antagonize anyone here, just my 2 cents on keeping it fair. 

I think it is not fair to post the actual question used in your interview that year. 

However, next year - post them. The school should be changing to stay up to date. And students would be doing themselves a huge disservice if they didn't think of possible interview questions (and none of those listed above are anything earth-shatteringly original). 

44 minutes ago, SLPtobe1093 said:

I wouldn't be concerned! I replied to the e-mail and didn't get a confirmation that it was received either!

Okay awesome! Thank you for alleviating some of my anxiety!:rolleyes:

I heard from Texas Tech on January 26th, and West Texas A&M on Feb. 8th! Good luck to all applying!

GPA- CSD: 3.74    GRE: V: 148 Q: 146  AW: 4.5 

Applied: NAU, UT Austin, UT Dallas, Wichita State University, Texas State, Texas Tech, West Texas A&M, New Mexico State University

Accepted:

Interview: Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (3/31) in person, West Texas A&M (2/18) online

Waitlist: 

Rejected: 

Edited by ecal

On 2/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, jmk said:

I got an interview with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. I chose to do the Skype interview, which will be in March. I will update this later! 

Also- I have friends who got contacted from Boston U, and Emerson today RE interviews! 

@jmk

If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear back from NAU, did you have an interview? And do you know of anyone else interviewing at Texas Tech, I was a little concerned because mine is in person and not until late March. 

Edited by ecal

5 hours ago, ecal said:

@jmk

If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear back from NAU, did you have an interview? And do you know of anyone else interviewing at Texas Tech, I was a little concerned because mine is in person and not until late March. 

I heard back from NAU 2/1, and didn't have an interview.

I don't know of anyone else who applied to Texas Tech (in real life or these forums). I was given the option of Skype (early March) or in person (the same day yours is on) so I assume they are just doing all of the in person interviews the same day! I thought that interview was really late. I chose Skype because I couldn't fly out. 

Hi all,

I received an interview offer at Midwestern-Glendale late January. I was wondering if anybody knows if they're willing to do Skype interviews seeing as I live in New York and it would just cost so much money to fly out there. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and never got a response. Thank you!

I received an interview at Oklahoma State for Saturday, 2/18. Unfortunately, I am from Connecticut and will not be able to make it for in person so I have opted for Skype. Good luck to all interviewees!

4 hours ago, madisonrd said:

I received an interview at Oklahoma State for Saturday, 2/18. Unfortunately, I am from Connecticut and will not be able to make it for in person so I have opted for Skype. Good luck to all interviewees!

I'm interviewing with them on Saturday too! Good luck! 

10 hours ago, Jesscee143 said:

Hi all,

I received an interview offer at Midwestern-Glendale late January. I was wondering if anybody knows if they're willing to do Skype interviews seeing as I live in New York and it would just cost so much money to fly out there. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and never got a response. Thank you!

I'm like 99.9% sure you can only go on campus!

6 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

HOORAY!!!  Pacific University invited me to interview on 2/24!!  I haven't replied yet because I don't know if I should make the trek out there or ask for a Skype interview.  I am in Los Angeles, and the flight plus hotel would be pricey...  Thoughts??

If you feel like this is your #1 pick, I'd go out there for sure. But I know for sure they don't hold it against you if you do Skype. They wouldn't offer it if it wasn't okay! Goo d luck!

23 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

HOORAY!!!  Pacific University invited me to interview on 2/24!!  I haven't replied yet because I don't know if I should make the trek out there or ask for a Skype interview.  I am in Los Angeles, and the flight plus hotel would be pricey...  Thoughts??

I would decide quickly-ish, they emailed me to come on the 24th but since I asked to Skype, they scheduled me on the 18th

39 minutes ago, katelynmarie said:

Hi all! Just got emails from Grand Valley State University and West Virginia University for interviews! West Virginia on Friday the 24th and Grand Valley on Saturday the 25th. Looks like it's gonna be a long weekend of roadtripping!

Congrats!

I just got a request from LIU Post. I've seen that others have gotten interviews (and I think acceptances) so I'm assuming they're rolling. I applied last minute the day before the deadline. I haven't e-mailed back yet, but there doesn't seem to be a Skype option hinted at. If there isn't, I will most likely withdraw my app. 

2 hours ago, jmk said:

I just got a request from LIU Post. I've seen that others have gotten interviews (and I think acceptances) so I'm assuming they're rolling. I applied last minute the day before the deadline. I haven't e-mailed back yet, but there doesn't seem to be a Skype option hinted at. If there isn't, I will most likely withdraw my app. 

Ahh lucky! I've been refreshing my e-mails constantly because I know a ton of people who have heard back from LIU Post and I haven't yet :(

On 2/11/2017 at 10:32 AM, Mary93 said:

I have an interview with Mercy, was invited via e-mail.  I replied to the e-mail but never got a confirmation that my e-mail was received.  Should I be concerned that my response was never received??

If it has been over 5 business days, yes you should be very concerned, but don't freak out. My thought is to send another email to confirm. You could also call the college directly. Did they say when they needed to hear back from you by? For example: I got an email on Feb 10 asking to interview, giving me until Feb 15 to reply. I confirmed my attendance today and got a reply email within an hour.

You need to jump on this and find out what's going on! This is your future!

Good luck!

3 hours ago, SLPtobe1093 said:

Ahh lucky! I've been refreshing my e-mails constantly because I know a ton of people who have heard back from LIU Post and I haven't yet :(

Omg I didn't hear from them yet either! And I applied to them a few days before the deadline. Smh. This process is so frustrating especially when you hear other ppl have already heard back :(