Official Interview Thread 2017

19 minutes ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Omg I didn't hear from them yet either! And I applied to them a few days before the deadline. Smh. This process is so frustrating especially when you hear other ppl have already heard back :( 

I applied a week before the deadline!! But at least we're in this together!

9 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

HOORAY!!!  Pacific University invited me to interview on 2/24!!  I haven't replied yet because I don't know if I should make the trek out there or ask for a Skype interview.  I am in Los Angeles, and the flight plus hotel would be pricey...  Thoughts??

Congrats!

I'm going to the interview on 2/24!

14 hours ago, hanaidn said:

Has anyone got interview invitation from new york medical college and syracuse university? 

Any comments will be appreciated :) 

I interviewed at NY Medical (got the request the last week in January via email). I submitted my application really early (I think on 12/3) but I was waiting for a grade for the biology class I took in the fall so they may not have actually looked at it until early January.

37 minutes ago, kayyyyy_ said:

I received an invitation for interview at California State University, San Marcos yesterday via email. 

To my knowledge, almost 400 applications were received and 100 were offered interviews. 

Did you hear anything about their interview process or what to expect for the full 4 hours?

YAAAAHOOO! Finally I can post on here. The site was down earlier. Got my first response from a school and it's an interview for LIU Post!! I copped the last interview spot in Feb :)   Edit: Is there anything I should bring to the interview? Have any of you been required to bring anything?

Edited by SpeechLaedy

11 minutes ago, SpeechLaedy said:

YAAAAHOOO! Finally I can post on here. The site was down earlier. Got my first response from a school and it's an interview for LIU Post!! I copped the last interview spot in Feb :)   Edit: Is there anything I should bring to the interview? Have any of you been required to bring anything?

Yay congrats!!! I have one with Molloy tomorrow! 

For anyone who is interviewing at Emerson--I interviewed there last year, and just want to offer some encouragement:  the experience is not meant to be tricky or intimidating.  The faculty members are welcoming and want to get a feel for who you are as a person...not grill you on your SLP expertise.  If any of you will be there Sunday morning, I'll see you then!

2 minutes ago, sardothi3n said:

Just got done with my Emerson Skype interview! It wasn't too bad and the faculty were super nice! Good luck guys!

How was it? Was it more personal or clinical questions? Did you feel like you had enough time to chat with them? I have mine in a couple weeks.. 

13 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Congratulations!!! Crossing my fingers for you! :)

I had an interview at NY Medical earlier this month and they asked me to bring a copy of my resume (I brought a few extra copies just in case) and a wallet sized photo. I also brought a copy of my personal statement so I could read through it on the trip there and while I waited. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

Anyone heard anything about CSU Long Beach or San Francisco State giving out interviews yet?

Last year San Francisco State sent out interview notifications March 1st, so I'm guessing it will probably be similar this year. I also applied there. 

28 minutes ago, panda1991 said:

Last year San Francisco State sent out interview notifications March 1st, so I'm guessing it will probably be similar this year. I also applied there. 

I think I saw that interviews were on March 7th last year too. That's not much time to plan for people who have to take off work, fly there, or perhaps have another interview/plans that day already. Yikes!

38 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

Anyone heard anything about CSU Long Beach or San Francisco State giving out interviews yet?

I'm also anxiously waiting to hear from CSU Long Beach too. Their original email confirming my application mentioned interviews end of Feb. to early March, but I don't know of anyone hearing back yet.

16 hours ago, zrzka said:

For anyone who is interviewing at Emerson--I interviewed there last year, and just want to offer some encouragement:  the experience is not meant to be tricky or intimidating.  The faculty members are welcoming and want to get a feel for who you are as a person...not grill you on your SLP expertise.  If any of you will be there Sunday morning, I'll see you then!

Thank you for this! I am nervous and so excited to interview! I will be flying in tomorrow from Colorado and interviewing Sunday at noon. Maybe I will see you then!

2 minutes ago, StPaulCCC said:

Please excuse me if this is a silly question...but do you think cropped business pants are acceptable for interview wear?

I.e.: these?

Thank you for your input!

I don't see why not. I think they're great and they're the only type of slacks that I wear. They are chic and trendy. I have a pair in navy blue and I wear them with a matching blazer, looks very professional in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ssllpp said:

I think I saw that interviews were on March 7th last year too. That's not much time to plan for people who have to take off work, fly there, or perhaps have another interview/plans that day already. Yikes!

Yes, I agree. Hopefully I will be able to figure out arrangements with work, but I'm local so I won't need to fly out if I am offered an interview. 

Definitely wear what makes you feel the most confident, and comfortable!

I plan on wearing a business dress, tights or nylons, and flats paired with a sweater.

I'm also a tiny 90 lb chick & very femme, so pantsuits are typically baggy on me & don't make me feel at the top of my game. 

3 hours ago, StPaulCCC said:

Please excuse me if this is a silly question...but do you think cropped business pants are acceptable for interview wear?

I.e.: these?

Thank you for your input!

That's not silly! I think we would all by lying if we said we didn't worry about our interview attire :)

I second that the cropped look is great! Just as long as you look neat, put together, and comfortable. 

8 hours ago, sardothi3n said:

Just got done with my Emerson Skype interview! It wasn't too bad and the faculty were super nice! Good luck guys!

Congrats! I'm hoping to have a similar report on my Sunday interview!

Just got back from my Emerson interview. They invited me yesterday, I booked a flight last night, and I flew out very early this morning. Completely worth it! Everyone was so nice and the interview was very interesting.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:55 PM, K8eCastle said:

I got an interview at Oklahoma State! I'm not sure if I should do it in person or via Skype (it's a 45 minute drive). Skype is more convenient but I'm afraid that my personality won't come through as clearly if that makes sense

I have my interview with Oklahoma State tomorrow! Wishing you the best of luck!!