Official Interview Thread 2017

1 hour ago, maurmaur said:

Just finished my Skype interview with Pacific University! I think it went well!

Mind sharing a premise of what they asked you? Generic stuff I bet like why our school, why SLP etc? Did they ask any clinical stuff?

20 minutes ago, imunster said:

Mind sharing a premise of what they asked you? Generic stuff I bet like why our school, why SLP etc? Did they ask any clinical stuff?

Are you going in person or Skyping in? And yeah, general stuff. I don't really know what you mean by clinical stuff. Like what specifically?

I had 2 people who were extremely nice and easy to talk to but I'm pretty sure they have different interviewers.

2 hours ago, Elska said:

Finally a school contacts me! I have an interview with CSULB next Saturday! So much to prepare for in so little time...

Congrats! Is it a group interview? I wonder if they've finished sending interviews email out (or if I have any chance of getting one still...) Good luck!

40 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

Congrats! Is it a group interview? I wonder if they've finished sending interviews email out (or if I have any chance of getting one still...) Good luck!

It is.

My email said that they resent messages because students were having difficulties opening the attachments, but this was the first email I've gotten from them. Not sure if they give invites in rounds or not, but I wish you luck! 

7 hours ago, maurmaur said:

Are you going in person or Skyping in? And yeah, general stuff. I don't really know what you mean by clinical stuff. Like what specifically?

I had 2 people who were extremely nice and easy to talk to but I'm pretty sure they have different interviewers.

In person. And by clinical I meant like.. behavioral/situation/what would you do in this scenario questions or pertaining to therapy!

7 hours ago, imunster said:

In person. And by clinical I meant like.. behavioral/situation/what would you do in this scenario questions or pertaining to therapy!

Got it, makes sense. I feel comfortable saying that they're broad questions of overall stuff. Not specifically clinical or academic. 

On 2/17/2017 at 3:06 PM, kayyyyy_ said:

How was it? Was it more personal or clinical questions? Did you feel like you had enough time to chat with them? I have mine in a couple weeks.. 

More personal questions! They seemed like they just wanted to get to know you as a person :) And yes, the 15 minutes was plenty of time!

I have a Skype interview with the University of Louisville next week!! Has anyone interviewed with them before and can let me know what types of questions were asked?

Edited by k8!

Hi guys, my interview with Central Michigan university is this friday! It's an online group interview, but they haven't given me any sort of structure to it or like broken it up - I guess I'm assuming it's just a bunch of questions for an hour. Does anyone know what their format is like?? 

19 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

I'm still hoping to hear from them, but I did get an email for an interview with EWU today.   Is the WSU interview via Skype?  

Yeah, mine is March 2nd, and it said Group B on the initial email so maybe there's groups? I interviewed there last year and was in Group D so unless they just add that to make us confused (which I doubt), I assume there going to do it in waves.

20 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

I'm still hoping to hear from them, but I did get an email for an interview with EWU today.   Is the WSU interview via Skype?  

Is the application process/selection process a lot different for WSU and EWU?

1 hour ago, StPaulCCC said:

I know it is a joint program between the two schools; but are there two separate campuses/separate applications?

Yes they share facilities but they aren't the same program. Different schools, different programs.