Hi all,

I'm a little confused by the UT Dallas portal. It says my app is incomplete and awaiting my official transcript, but from what I've seen they only want your official transcript after you've been offered admission. Does everyone's portal say incomplete awaiting documents??

Hello! If you log on to the UTD galaxy portal and go to Orion, you can click on "Self Service" and then "Student Admission". After you click on "Application Status" it should say if the application is complete! Hope that helped! :)

@peachyspeechy @sardothi3n

You DO NOT have to send your official transcripts until you're admitted. To OFFICIALLY be admitted (start being considered for aid, etc.) you have to send it in. I just had to do this this week after receiving my email from Dr. Stillman about my acceptance. After that you will eventually have to to a few other things in your to-do list on the portal, but not until you know about your acceptance/commitment to the school.
They are starting to go through applications, so as long as everything else is complete you should be fine. Good luck to all :)

I hope this helped. 

Edited by k_kismet

On 2/6/2017 at 7:47 PM, sardothi3n said:

Hi all,

I'm a little confused by the UT Dallas portal. It says my app is incomplete and awaiting my official transcript, but from what I've seen they only want your official transcript after you've been offered admission. Does everyone's portal say incomplete awaiting documents??

Hey! I'm confused too, my portal says incomplete, missing official transcripts. It makes me nervous.

On February 7, 2017 at 9:09 AM, k_kismet said:

@peachyspeechy @sardothi3n

You DO NOT have to send your official transcripts until you're admitted. To OFFICIALLY be admitted (start being considered for aid, etc.) you have to send it in. I just had to do this this week after receiving my email from Dr. Stillman about my acceptance. After that you will eventually have to to a few other things in your to-do list on the portal, but not until you know about your acceptance/commitment to the school.
They are starting to go through applications, so as long as everything else is complete you should be fine. Good luck to all :)

I hope this helped. 

@katelynmarie ^^^

4 hours ago, katelynmarie said:

@k_kismet so will our portal jut always say incomplete then? I hate that haha

I will say incomplete until you received your acceptance email (most likely from Dr. Stillman). I got an email and it mentioned to send my transcripts to be "officially admitted" in the system. He mentioned to me that unfortunately it is pretty confusing, but ya. Don't worry about it if thats the only thing that says incomplete for you is stuff about the transcripts. :) Good luck

16 hours ago, k_kismet said:

I will say incomplete until you received your acceptance email (most likely from Dr. Stillman). I got an email and it mentioned to send my transcripts to be "officially admitted" in the system. He mentioned to me that unfortunately it is pretty confusing, but ya. Don't worry about it if thats the only thing that says incomplete for you is stuff about the transcripts. :) Good luck

Perfect thanks so much! This is my top choice so I'm really hoping to hear soon! Submitted my app at the end of January :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I've just been accepted to UTD (yay!!), and I need to send in my official transcripts, but I was a little confused on which address I should send them to? Do I send them to the graduate admissions office for UTD in general, or specifically the COMD department address at the Callier Center? 

Thanks for the help! And congratulations to the others~

27 minutes ago, doenjang said:

Hey guys!

I've just been accepted to UTD (yay!!), and I need to send in my official transcripts, but I was a little confused on which address I should send them to? Do I send them to the graduate admissions office for UTD in general, or specifically the COMD department address at the Callier Center? 

Ahhh so jealous! Congrats!! Still waiting for my decision! When did you submit your app? Also, I got an email today that said I need to send in my official transcripts. Should I ignore that?

12 hours ago, doenjang said:

Hey guys!

Congrats! Send it to whichever address is provided in the portal when you go to the "to-do" list or wherever it says. I can't remember off the top of my head what the address was. Whichever it is that they had when you see that they are requesting the transcripts :)
Then once you send it, if you keep up with the galaxy system and learn to navigate that (a little confusing) it should say they were received.

3 hours ago, k_kismet said:

Congrats! Send it to whichever address is provided in the portal when you go to the "to-do" list or wherever it says. I can't remember off the top of my head what the address was. Whichever it is that they had when you see that they are requesting the transcripts :)
Then once you send it, if you keep up with the galaxy system and learn to navigate that (a little confusing) it should say they were received.

Thanks for the help!

15 hours ago, katelynmarie said:

Ahhh so jealous! Congrats!! Still waiting for my decision! When did you submit your app? Also, I got an email today that said I need to send in my official transcripts. Should I ignore that?

I submitted my app 01/30, so it was a pretty quick turnaround. I think you don't have to submit anything until you get an email from one of the program advisors about your admission. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...