2017 Pharmaceutical Sciences, PhD admission results

MoonPie

I could not find much results information for Pharmaceutical Sciences from both the forum and the results board. It is now February and I am starting to get freaked out since I haven't heard anything from any of the schools that I applied, except for an interview with OSU. So did anyone hear anything from the department at University of Connecticut, Ohio State, University of Michigan or North Carolina-Chapel Hill? Please share.

4 hours ago, MoonPie said:

I could not find much results information for Pharmaceutical Sciences from both the forum and the results board. It is now February and I am starting to get freaked out since I haven't heard anything from any of the schools that I applied, except for an interview with OSU. So did anyone hear anything from the department at University of Connecticut, Ohio State, University of Michigan or North Carolina-Chapel Hill? Please share.

Hey, I too applied to pharmacology programs. I so far have interviews at Cornell - interviewed and accepted, Duke - interviewed and waiting, Uconn - biomedical sciences (since I wasn't sold on their pharm program) interview this weekend, and I'm going to U colorado next week. 

I just got rejected from Yale.... 

Good day. Prospective pharmaceutical sciences applicant here. I am an international student. I applied to the University of Connecticut as well. I am yet to hear from them as well even though I applied since the 31st December 2016. Still waiting to hear from UW-Madison, Houston, Mississippi. Really hoping I get to hear from one of these schools soon. I wonder if they have interviews for international students as well?

On 07/02/2017 at 8:23 PM, Nick1452 said:

Hey, I too applied to pharmacology programs. I so far have interviews at Cornell - interviewed and accepted, Duke - interviewed and waiting, Uconn - biomedical sciences (since I wasn't sold on their pharm program) interview this weekend, and I'm going to U colorado next week. 

I just got rejected from Yale.... 

Congrats on the acceptance from Cornell. Is it your top choice? I have yet received any acceptance so I am worried sick. But it seems like Pharmaceutical Sciences departments from most schools are still reviewing applications, so I guess no news is still better than bad news...

I also got rejected from Yale, for Chemistry... But it's not a good fit since my POI just left, so I'm not that upset.

Good luck on the other schools!

55 minutes ago, emana1928 said:

Good day. Prospective pharmaceutical sciences applicant here. I am an international student. I applied to the University of Connecticut as well. I am yet to hear from them as well even though I applied since the 31st December 2016. Still waiting to hear from UW-Madison, Houston, Mississippi. Really hoping I get to hear from one of these schools soon. I wonder if they have interviews for international students as well?

I applied to UConn on Dec 1st, and have also not heard anything. I emailed them yesterday morning but no reply yet... What subfield did you apply to at UConn?

I'm also an international student. I had an interview with OSU, but I'm not sure about UConn.

On February 10, 2017 at 0:52 PM, MoonPie said:

Congrats on the acceptance from Cornell. Is it your top choice? I have yet received any acceptance so I am worried sick. But it seems like Pharmaceutical Sciences departments from most schools are still reviewing applications, so I guess no news is still better than bad news...

I also got rejected from Yale, for Chemistry... But it's not a good fit since my POI just left, so I'm not that upset.

Good luck on the other schools!

I applied to UConn on Dec 1st, and have also not heard anything. I emailed them yesterday morning but no reply yet... What subfield did you apply to at UConn?

I'm also an international student. I had an interview with OSU, but I'm not sure about UConn.

Uconn I actually did biomed, their pharm program didn't have many faculty that I was interested in. 

And best of luck I'm sure you'll here back soon! 

• 2 weeks later...