Declining offers 2017

Shira70008

26 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Thanks for this.

But, it needs to be said: some people definitely sit on offers they know they won't take. It happens every year. I knew someone in at a top-5, knowing they would be taking that offer, but sitting on amazing offers all over the PGR. They simply weren't taking the time to do it, and that's worrisome.

I also know a guy who is waitlisted at several places he won't go, because he has already received a very good offer. However, he will wait and see whether the waitlist turns to be an offer. 

6 minutes ago, Franzkafka said:

I also know a guy who is waitlisted at several places he won't go, because he has already received a very good offer. However, he will wait and see whether the waitlist turns to be an offer. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Very frustrating.

For peace of mind, I'll assume the best of people and hope they are in @Tecumseh Valley's situation. But let's try to encourage those that are not to do the right thing—decline offers in a timely manner.

ouch. For my part, I'll be declining as I know, but most of my decision is coming down to visits, so that takes a while. Good luck to everyone on waitlists! Pulling for you for U-Mass, @Dialectica !

Edited by goldenstardust11

3 minutes ago, goldenstardust11 said:

ouch. For my part, I'll be declining as I know, but most of my decision is coming down to visits, so that takes a while. Good luck to everyone on waitlists! Pulling for you for U-Mass, @Dialectica !

Thank you so much!!

On 09/03/2017 at 3:48 AM, alaskanbullworm said:

I've declined Oklahoma and will be declining Brandeis. Hope this helps someone.

Hey, if you are declining Brandeis then that will definitely help me!

16 hours ago, necessaryandsufficient said:

Is anyone planning on declining UMich or USC?

I know someone who got into UMich, NYU and the whole shebang - that person is likely to reject UMich but apparently wants to visit first. Some hope for you? :) 

On 3/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, Naruto said:

Oh no! Hopefully, you're on a hidden waitlist! I also noticed that in the past, South Florida has sent out acceptances sporadically.

I must have been on one of those hidden but now not hidden waitlists haha! I'm 7th in line for funding, but it says accepted. Thanks for the positive thoughts a few days ago!

20 minutes ago, episteme7 said:

Also holding out hope that I'll get off the U-Mass waitlist. Lets keep our fingers crossed @Dialectica

Yes, I'll be hoping with you! Am I ahead of you? Are you ahead of me? Were you told anything as to your place on the waitlist?

Edit: I just saw your other reply to me in the other thread. I was hoping you were given more information. In any case, I'll be sure to keep you updated as to any movement on the waitlist!

Edited by Dialectica

1 hour ago, Electric Anxiety said:

If only I were on their waitlist ?. I've heard nothing from them, just like the 2015 season when they waited until May to send my rejection lol. 

Ouch! I think that's worse than never sending it...

On 3/14/2017 at 11:39 AM, Electric Anxiety said:

I must have been on one of those hidden but now not hidden waitlists haha! I'm 7th in line for funding, but it says accepted. Thanks for the positive thoughts a few days ago!

Congratulations!!! Best of luck!

On 3/14/2017 at 10:41 PM, Electric Anxiety said:

If only I were on their waitlist ?. I've heard nothing from them, just like the 2015 season when they waited until May to send my rejection lol. 

Same still nothing from Utah lol, my application is still listed as "IP" :/ 

1 hour ago, ThatDeleuzeGuy said:

Same still nothing from Utah lol, my application is still listed as "IP" :/ 

It's awful isn't it? I've been trying to build up courage to email them finally, but something tells me not to worry about it. You wanna message them? Lol