Declining offers 2017

Shira70008

@ThatDeleuzeGuySo I finally solicited information from Utah. Eric Hutton very openly and clearly explained their process and that they have a sort of back up group of applicants that are not accepted, rejected, or waitlisted; in other words, a real purgatory lol. He said offers from this group are basically never given so my chances are slim to none. Oh, and that they may not even be able to give information until after April 15th ?. So you are probably in the same group as me. 

1 hour ago, Electric Anxiety said:

@ThatDeleuzeGuySo I finally solicited information from Utah. Eric Hutton very openly and clearly explained their process and that they have a sort of back up group of applicants that are not accepted, rejected, or waitlisted; in other words, a real purgatory lol. He said offers from this group are basically never given so my chances are slim to none. Oh, and that they may not even be able to give information until after April 15th ?. So you are probably in the same group as me. 

T-T Well at least it means I can focus on deciding between the schools I have gotten into.

I declined my offers from Western Ontario and Memphis. This was not an easy decision. Both programs seem great IMO. The students in both programs told me that their professors and classmates are very supportive.

3 minutes ago, episteme7 said:

I imagine I'll be turning down an offer from Brandeis in the coming week or so. Still need to figure a few things out before doing so, but will endeavor to do all that as quickly as possible.

Hey, that'll definitely help me, as I'm on their wl! May I ask your aoi? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Nicholassss said:

Hey, that'll definitely help me, as I'm on their wl! May I ask your aoi? Thanks!

Good to hear! Epistemology, with substantial interests in metaphysics, early modern, and philosophical methodology 

Hello friends. If any of y'all are sitting on offers from DePaul, Duquesne, or Fordham that you know you are going to decline, I (and others, I'm sure) would appreciate if you would decline soon. I am very high on the waitlists at all three schools and any movement would help tremendously. Thanks :D

2 hours ago, friducha04 said:

Hello friends. If any of y'all are sitting on offers from DePaul, Duquesne, or Fordham that you know you are going to decline, I (and others, I'm sure) would appreciate if you would decline soon. I am very high on the waitlists at all three schools and any movement would help tremendously. Thanks :D

Declined an offer to Duquesne. Good luck!  

(I also removed myself from the wait lists at BU and TAMU)

Just a friendly reminder to decline your offers you know you won't take. I know for a fact that people sit on offers needlessly every year (or almost every year). Things get very, very complicated and frustrating, for both applicants and programs, on April 15th—best to alleviate that as much as we can!

Remind your friends who have offers too. Those who are most likely to sit on offers needlessly (opting to reply last minute or for the offer to expire) are less likely to see these pleas for help here. If you know someone who has 3 or more offers, tell them they need to be considerate of the admissions committee and for those who are on the waitlist.