For those who applied to NY schools for Fall 2017...

I applied to 4 CUNY schools and also Adelphi, Hofstra, Touro, & LIU. Anyone get any responses from the admissions regarding their applications yet? I'm getting kind of paranoid that because I gave in my apps within days of the deadline that I'll be the last to hear or last app they look at ?

I have only heard back from Adelphi and was just accepted ( I submitted mine the day of the deadline I think) . A few girls in my class with similar stats to me have applied days before me  and haven't heard anything yet either ! Good luck! 

Hi!  

I'm from Florida and I applied to Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, New York. I was hoping someone could give me pros and cons on living in Dobbs Ferry since I have no idea what it is like living there. Thank you!! 

24 minutes ago, Nicole Bat said:

Hi!  

I'm from Florida and I applied to Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, New York. I was hoping someone could give me pros and cons on living in Dobbs Ferry since I have no idea what it is like living there. Thank you!! 

Hi Nicole! I don't live in Dobbs Ferry, but I grew up in Putnam County which is very close. I also work in Yonkers, which is basically its next door neighbor. Dobbs Ferry is a really nice area though! I have been there plenty of times. It's a good location...you're right by the Hudson River, and a short train ride to the city! Also super close to White Plains, which is a small city in itself. A lot to do, good nightlife, restaurants and a big mall if you don't feel like going into NYC. Lower Westchester is really a great place. I got accepted to Mercy for undergrad and decided not to go there only because I didn't want to commute (I ended up going to SUNY New Paltz).

3 hours ago, ny1234 said:

I have only heard back from Adelphi and was just accepted ( I submitted mine the day of the deadline I think) . A few girls in my class with similar stats to me have applied days before me  and haven't heard anything yet either ! Good luck! 

Oh wow! Congrats! You heard back so fast!! Did they notify you via email or mail? 

6 minutes ago, GSR.speech said:

I was also accepted to Adelphi. I submitted my app on Jan 9th and was accepted on Jan 26th. I also received interviews at Molloy College and Mercy College.

Congrats! How were you notified? Email or mail? 

Of the ones on your list I applied to two CUNYs (Hunter and Brooklyn) and LIU Brooklyn. I haven't heard back from any of them other than to confirm they received my materials. If you check the results tab it looks like last year people didn't start hearing back until late February or March for most of those so I think you're/we're okay!

1 hour ago, ElKel87 said:

Of the ones on your list I applied to two CUNYs (Hunter and Brooklyn) and LIU Brooklyn. I haven't heard back from any of them other than to confirm they received my materials. If you check the results tab it looks like last year people didn't start hearing back until late February or March for most of those so I think you're/we're okay!

Oh okay. Phew! Thanks for letting me know. I applied to both of those CUNY schools so I'm happy to know a ballpark time when they'll be giving out their verdicts. Not hearing from Adelphi now that I know someone got an answer is starting to freak me out though ? If you happen to hear back from your schools, you think you could give me a heads up? ?

On February 8, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Murr57 said:

Hi Nicole! I don't live in Dobbs Ferry, but I grew up in Putnam County which is very close. I also work in Yonkers, which is basically its next door neighbor. Dobbs Ferry is a really nice area though! I have been there plenty of times. It's a good location...you're right by the Hudson River, and a short train ride to the city! Also super close to White Plains, which is a small city in itself. A lot to do, good nightlife, restaurants and a big mall if you don't feel like going into NYC. Lower Westchester is really a great place. I got accepted to Mercy for undergrad and decided not to go there only because I didn't want to commute (I ended up going to SUNY New Paltz).

Thank you so much for responding! I toured the campus last weekend but, I didn't get the chance to talk to anyone from the school and I received an invitation for an interview at Mercy. I was just curious about what it would be like living there! Thanks again :) 

31 minutes ago, Nicole Bat said:

Thank you so much for responding! I toured the campus last weekend but, I didn't get the chance to talk to anyone from the school and I received an invitation for an interview at Mercy. I was just curious about what it would be like living there! Thanks again :) 

No prob!! :) 

46 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

Isn't Adelphi due the 15th of Feb so do they do rolling admissions?

You can apply via CSDCAS or the website but their original application due date was Jan 15 for CSDCAS so I submitted it way before then and got an acceptance letter mailed to me on the 30th of Jan. 

If you didn't submit your application yet, you really should since it took time for the admissions office to review it and you need to send your transcript with Fall 2016 grades directly to the admissions office (if you already did submit your application a while ago) b/c they won't consider it complete until they receive that 

Edited by slpgrad620

5 hours ago, slpgrad620 said:

You can apply via CSDCAS or the website but their original application due date was Jan 15 for CSDCAS so I submitted it way before then and got an acceptance letter mailed to me on the 30th of Jan. 

If you didn't submit your application yet, you really should since it took time for the admissions office to review it and you need to send your transcript with Fall 2016 grades directly to the admissions office (if you already did submit your application a while ago) b/c they won't consider it complete until they receive that 

I just saw it as one of the remaining schools with applications open on CSDCAS and got super confused when I saw someone saying the deadline had passed so I appreciate the info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 2:23 PM, Nicole Bat said:

Hi!  

My sister used to live in Dobbs Ferry. I visited once and I remember it being a quaint little town and very cold (it was winter time so it was snowing, and I'm from CA born and raised..brrrrr). It's a really pretty town right by the river. She would commute to work in Manhattan so the train is super convenient. She actually moved out there after living in Manhattan. She wanted a break from all the noise and people. She lived in Dobbs Ferry for a couple of years and then moved back to the city. 

On 2/9/2017 at 0:56 PM, SpeechLaedy said:

Oh okay. Phew! Thanks for letting me know. I applied to both of those CUNY schools so I'm happy to know a ballpark time when they'll be giving out their verdicts. Not hearing from Adelphi now that I know someone got an answer is starting to freak me out though ? If you happen to hear back from your schools, you think you could give me a heads up? ?

@SpeechLaedy Hey! Not sure if you saw already but someone just posted on the results page that they got an interview request via email today for CUNY Brooklyn - their interview is scheduled for next week. I haven't heard anything but I submitted my app about a week before the deadline, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Edited by ElKel87

21 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

@SpeechLaedy Hey! Not sure if you saw already but someone just posted on the results page that they got an interview request via email today for CUNY Brooklyn - their interview is scheduled for next week. I haven't heard anything but I submitted my app about a week before the deadline, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Ah, you're the best!! ? Thanks for the update! I'll have to stalk my email now lol Although I wonder how they were notified... Hmm.. Which results page is this by the way? Do you happen to know the link to it? 

@SpeechLaedy It says they were notified via email. If you scroll to the very top of this page, there are tabs that say Browse, Activity, Results, Leaderboard. Or, I think this link should work, too: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/

I think I stalk that more than I stalk the forum haha. I usually just type in "speech" and search and then it lists all the results chronologically. Goes back a couple of years so you can see when people were notified in the past for certain schools.

8 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

@SpeechLaedy It says they were notified via email. If you scroll to the very top of this page, there are tabs that say Browse, Activity, Results, Leaderboard. Or, I think this link should work, too: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/

I think I stalk that more than I stalk the forum haha. I usually just type in "speech" and search and then it lists all the results chronologically. Goes back a couple of years so you can see when people were notified in the past for certain schools.

Ah! I've definitely been on that page before many times! Oddly enough, I've only been able to find it via Google searches. Even now I can't figure out how to navigate the site to get to it lol Maybe it's because I'm currently using the mobile version. Idk. Anywho, thanks for the link! We will stalk that page together! ?✊?

23 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

@SpeechLaedy Saw someone post about receiving an interview via email at CUNY Hunter yesterday. Have you heard anything? Nothing on my end :( 

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked my email and checked the application page. I got nothing over here too ? If you didn't already, maybe you should try looking at the application page. I believe I read something on here once saying that Hunter will sometimes update your status on the application page before actually notifying you via email