Hello all!  Setting this as a place to discuss all things Evans and Seattle in general.  Super excited (and relieved) to have been admitted. Congrats to those who have also been, and hope to see you in March at one of the Admitted Students Days!

Additionally, has anyone heard anything about tuition assistance updates?  I emailed Barry, but I've not yet heard back.  I'm getting the impression that Fellowship offers have been extended, but haven't heard about additional funding or in-state tuition offers.  Fingers crossed.

Hi ELP14! 

Congrats on being accepted to Evans! I was so confused when I got the email since it was in January - extremely close to the deadline. 

From my understanding, acceptances and any financial aid offers were sent out at the same time. In my acceptance email, I was offered an Evans School Fellowship. The fellowship is composed of in-state tuition (since I'm from CA) and a monthly stipend for both years. You can also read the last page of the thread linked below from 2015. If UW's policy is consistent, then it looks like if there was no financial offer made at the time of acceptance, there won't be one made at all.

Of course, there are also assistantships and other things you can apply to that would help cover tuition, but it looks like you can't see which ones are available until you're registered as a student. 

Best of luck! 

Congrats to both of you on your acceptances! I was also offered a fellowship (and am also from CA) and will be heading up in March for the second open house. I will most likely be attending UW.

Hoping to meet some of you at the Admitted Student Day and/or this fall!

Edited by LC0496

• 2 weeks later...

@ELP14, did Barry explain how it would work if admitted students turn down the fellowships/go elsewhere? I got a good offer from USC, and since I'm planning to come back to Southern California after grad school, the program would be a better bet. Still a bit early, and in waiting on several other schools, but there's a high likelyhood I won't go to Evans. Wondering what the policy is and how they allocate those funds. 

@coffeebean13 Congrats on Price!  Barry sent me a great email back elaborating on a variety of different funding sources and grad study-related employment opportunities, but no specifics on whether or not unaccepted fellowships can be passed on to "second place" applicants.  I'd assume they're not at liberty to discuss, and likely don't want to get anyone's hopes up if they do end up extending the offer to others and not simply retaining the funds for the fellowship's year over year pool.  Would definitely be curious to know how that works as well...

• 2 weeks later...