Creating this thread for people applying to JD/PhD programs like me. The process, while similar to normal JD or PhD cycles, is slightly different when it comes to decisions, wait times, and application materials. Feel free to post here for comraderie, laughs, and advise. I, like many others I'm sure, would appreciate getting to know other people going through such a unique process.

I'm hoping to get a joint JD/PhD as well. Originally thought I'd be applying to both at the same time, but eventually changed my mind and applied to the PhD first, since it's higher priority to me, plus I have until my 3rd year to apply to the law school. This way, I only have to apply to one law school and can therefore save some money. The only problem I have right now is that, while I've been offered admission to some great schools, my current top choice for the PhD doesn't have a law school haha! It's quite ironic, really. Wishing you the best of luck!!

Well for me, I'm interested in focusing on democratic legitimacy, legal positivism, and constitutional law and hope to eventually become a law school professor so yea, the 3 years of law school are not only worth it, but mandatory if I dream of breaking into legal academia.