SJSU MSW

AutumnSweater

Hello!

geeting a little discouraged here with the lack of news ugh.

if like to know how many of us have any news so far:

smileyPita

namaste (accepted)

meltoid

tbmsw2017

ashleyep95

jenniuine27

dogz9

A-then-a

clementine75 (accepted)

kdubb winston

isicakes

elavan87

ecab (accepted)

is this program becoming highly selective or they're wayyy behind with the application process?

care to update if you have any news?

I spoke to my friend that also applied to the part time MSW program at SJSU and he said that he called and they told him that due to the extension to the application process back at the beginning of the year has made it hard for them to properly let everyone know in time since they did push back the deadline a month; to February. He also said that he had heard that they were only letting 75 people into the part time program I believe, but to not fully quote him on that. 

So far no news on my end, and this waiting game is giving me anxiety.

Hi everyone!

Still haven't heard back from the school. I'm equally as discouraged. This wait is killing me, and I think my brain has already accepted that I probably got rejected, ha. I'm still praying for good news! And those prayers are also with everyone of you who haven't heard back yet.

Has anybody else gotten into the Online/Hybrid program?

2 hours ago, jenniuine27 said:

I spoke to my friend that also applied to the part time MSW program at SJSU and he said that he called and they told him that due to the extension to the application process back at the beginning of the year has made it hard for them to properly let everyone know in time since they did push back the deadline a month; to February. He also said that he had heard that they were only letting 75 people into the part time program I believe, but to not fully quote him on that. 

So far no news on my end, and this waiting game is giving me anxiety.

That's what I was also thinking, that because they extended the deadline now they're taking more time to review applications.

do you know if they've told your friend when is the last day they should be contacting everyone? I contacted them and they told me the end of May, that means we should be receiving any news good or bad, in the next two weeks. 

17 hours ago, AutumnSweater said:

That's what I was also thinking, that because they extended the deadline now they're taking more time to review applications.

do you know if they've told your friend when is the last day they should be contacting everyone? I contacted them and they told me the end of May, that means we should be receiving any news good or bad, in the next two weeks. 

No, he didn't tell me if they told him when it would be the last day. 

22 minutes ago, jenniuine27 said:

@Ashleyep95 what results page?

Gradcafe has a results page. The person who posted that they were accepted wrote it under california state university san jose. If you can find the results page you can look it up. :)

No news for me either. I'm getting more frustrated by the day. Even if they extended the application process you would think they had people evaluating as the applications were submitted. I applied for the part-time program back in October. 

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I really hope we all receive good news.

Nothing yet for me, i been calling but the line is always busy so i talk to the answer machine... i think that i didnt get accept, other way they already would contact me. But, as the rest of us im praying for good news. I wish you all that you got accepted or that you got a plan B. :S

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to post once I got some news. I heard back yesterday that I was accepted into the MSW online program and there is an internship orientation this Friday already, so they must be really behind on getting back to people. I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed by the pace of things, and really hope everything falls into place eventually. Good luck!!! 

@SmileyPita Thank you! I actually got the email about the orientation first, and then a voicemail about it saying I was accepted later on in the day. I was out of the country until yesterday though, so I might have missed the call. My status changed in mysjsu, but nothing has updated on my fafsa so I am a little worried. 

4 minutes ago, barbelle said:

@SmileyPita Thank you! I actually got the email about the orientation first, and then a voicemail about it saying I was accepted later on in the day. I was out of the country until yesterday though, so I might have missed the call. My status changed in mysjsu, but nothing has updated on my fafsa so I am a little worried. 

It seems like everything is great!!! So, dont wrry too much!!!!

Hello,

haven't heard anything back so I decided to email them and Kathleen Ficklin responded back and said that they are still sending notifications until May 31st and that they are contacting students though their personal email and phone number. Just wanted to share this information incase anyone is in the same boat as me. :( 

11 hours ago, jenniuine27 said:

Hello,

haven't heard anything back so I decided to email them and Kathleen Ficklin responded back and said that they are still sending notifications until May 31st and that they are contacting students though their personal email and phone number. Just wanted to share this information incase anyone is in the same boat as me. :( 

Thanks for the info!

Do we know if they have starting sending out rejections?

14 hours ago, a_then_a said:

Thanks for the info!

Do we know if they have starting sending out rejections?

She didn't mention that and I'm not sure  but I have a feeling that might be the case. But I'm hoping that's not true. At this point I pretty much lost hope just because we are less than a week before the 31st and I doubt they might be still letting people know that they got accepted. But then again I'm not sure. 

Hi,

I've also lost hope at this point ?

I guess they've been sending letters to their priority candidates every two weeks, the last ones sent on may 16th or so.  It makes sense the last batch of letters will be sent in two weeks from that date, that will be the 31st of may.

i don't know. I wonder why they didn't send rejections appropriately on time because they've been lingering us for months now. I guess that's the way it works. 

Hello all! 

At this point I'm extremely tired of waiting. I just called and was told the usual about notifications being sent out by the 31st. The woman asked if I was rejected initially and I told her that I had no clue. I then asked her if they were still accepting people...she said yes.

There is still hope for us yet. Even with the extension it should not have taken this long to inform us. I digress and stay positive

Edited by Kdubb Winston

Hi everyone!

I haven't heard back yet. Have any of you?

I just got off the phone with somebody from the department and was told that May 31st is their "self-inflicted" deadline to email and give everybody a phone call. The thing is, they have already given phone calls and email notifications to those students who they already wanted to definitely accept (these weren't her exact words, but this is what I got from the conversation) and it's up to those students' decisions that they'll move up on the list and contact other students. So the deadline is very likely to be extended.

I think I've already lost hope!

Hi!

I've been quietly following this thread for a while.  I got my acceptance call today!  They weren't kidding when they said they still let people know at the end of May!  For those already accepted, did you get into your desired program?  I applied for full time families and children but I can't find any info on whether or not I actually got that...

And for those curious my stats are:

2.8 GPA from Northern Arizona University, BS in Sociology Spring 2014 - but all my social work classes were A's

3 years of working in after school care plus casual weekend volunteering and a few college internships

3 rec letters, 2 from volunteering and 1 from a close family friend I nannied for (she's also a lawyer)

and I made my friend proofread my essay a million times.  Not the greatest stats but hey, obviously they were good enough!

11 hours ago, claireo831 said:

Hi!

I've been quietly following this thread for a while.  I got my acceptance call today!  They weren't kidding when they said they still let people know at the end of May!  For those already accepted, did you get into your desired program?  I applied for full time families and children but I can't find any info on whether or not I actually got that...

And for those curious my stats are:

2.8 GPA from Northern Arizona University, BS in Sociology Spring 2014 - but all my social work classes were A's

3 years of working in after school care plus casual weekend volunteering and a few college internships

3 rec letters, 2 from volunteering and 1 from a close family friend I nannied for (she's also a lawyer)

and I made my friend proofread my essay a million times.  Not the greatest stats but hey, obviously they were good enough!

Congratulations! My statistics are pretty similar with the exception on having my BA in Psychology with a 3.2 GPA. I'm still waiting however. The biggest problem with my App is not having the last letter of recommendation in until April. 

I think concentrations just make up the classes you take more than anything. If you applied for the Stipend program though, that is a whole seperate story, I believe. 

Once again, congratulations.