NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

6 minutes ago, Keep calm said:

Does U of T send out acceptance letters first then waitlist and rejection? Western rejected me for non-academic requirements, so i doubt it's even worth it for me to wait for U of T and Windsor, as I'm pretty sure that my hours won't be enough for them either.. 

Hours aren't as big of an issue for UofT. I have a friend who was accepted with less than 1500. 

4 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

You have no idea how GOOD that is to hear haha

hahaha yup :) I was waitlisted last year with like 1400ish hours and no research experience except half a finished thesis. So theres hope for everyone. They seem to look for the right fit/interests/goals as opposed to more of the standard must have X hours and X gpa type thing. 

1 hour ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

Hours aren't as big of an issue for UofT. I have a friend who was accepted with less than 1500. 

Wow I hope you are correct! Hopefully I may have a chance at U OF T 2 year MSW

12 minutes ago, moh230 said:

Wow I hope you are correct! Hopefully I may have a chance at U OF T 2 year MSW

Although i know some people with 3000-4000 hours + a 3.9 GPA who have been rejected. It is seriously an entire package outlook with them. 

Fingers crossed guys! Hopefully another week till we start hearing :)

7 hours ago, nicoleMSW said:

Also, does anyone know when York starts releasing decisions? I don't think I have much of a chance due to the small program size, but I'm just curious as to when I should start expecting to hear from them. I believe it's early April...?

In 2015 I heard back from York that I was waitlisted on March 26th. I don't think there are strict timelines though. 

It's my third year applying to schools so I'm definitely hoping this is the year. Somehow Lakehead's HBSW had evaded my radar, but I've applied to it this year, so I'm hoping that if a 2 year MSW program doesn't work out, I'll at least get into that! Good luck everyone, anxiously waiting along with all of you.

7 hours ago, nicoleMSW said:

Also, does anyone know when York starts releasing decisions? I don't think I have much of a chance due to the small program size, but I'm just curious as to when I should start expecting to hear from them. I believe it's early April...?

In 2015 I heard back from York that I was waitlisted on March 26th. I don't think there are strict timelines though. 

It's my third year applying to schools so I'm definitely hoping this is the year. Somehow Lakehead's HBSW had evaded my radar, but I've applied to it this year, so I'm hoping that if a 2 year MSW program doesn't work out, I'll at least get into that! Good luck everyone, anxiously waiting along with all of you.

22 hours ago, SW_Student said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is your GPA and did you apply for advanced stnadidng? 

Ryerson only has advanced standing and my GPA is not anything phenomenal compared to others but it's not bad, it's 7.85.

20 hours ago, ONE step CLOSER said:

socialwerq- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was able to view the letter the day after quest was updated. I also received an e-mail to notify me of the offer and that quest has been updated today.

Congrats to you as well! Will you be accepting their offer? My letter's up now and I'm strongly considering it.

If U of T doesn't say anything about 2 year admissions today, then next week has to be the week it starts.... right? :P The week we're currently in was the week admissions started for the past couple of application seasons. What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, nicoleMSW said:

If U of T doesn't say anything about 2 year admissions today, then next week has to be the week it starts.... right? :P The week we're currently in was the week admissions started for the past couple of application seasons. What do you guys think?

@nicoleMSWI think your hypothesis, based on previous years, makes a lot of logical sense! My guess is that it may depend on the actual number of applicants and it could go into mid-April according to the admissions website FAQs. I'm crossing my fingers though and hoping it'll start next week. :D

I called Angela (at U of T) a few days ago to ask about the status of the 2-year applications, and she said that it would still be a while longer. Specifically, she said that people will know by the end of April (unsure whether she meant that is when all waves will be finished, or just starting)....

Regardless, not sure if we should get our hopes up too high for next week

4 minutes ago, kb161616 said:

I called Angela (at U of T) a few days ago to ask about the status of the 2-year applications, and she said that it would still be a while longer. Specifically, she said that people will know by the end of April (unsure whether she meant that is when all waves will be finished, or just starting)....

She probably means all waves will be finished by then... crossing my fingers that news comes before that though!

8 minutes ago, kb161616 said:

3 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

She probably means all waves will be finished by then... crossing my fingers that news comes before that though!

*Sigh* well, let's keep hoping!