Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Roxxx

NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

1,009 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, c.dizzle said:

Dont worry theres movement on the waitlist! put it out the universe and it will eventually happen!

and yes, my status did change on acorn.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 4.59.54 PM.png

Agreed! and awesome, thank you!!

Long time observer, first time poster...I received a call this afternoon from Angela notifying me of my acceptance to U of T's 2-year MSW program. Good luck to everyone else still on the wait-list.

If this is helpful in anyway, you are able to send Angela and updated resume to highlight any additional activities you have completed since you first submitted your application. I began volunteering right after applying so I feel like this may have been a contributing factor to getting off the wait-list.

57 minutes ago, ariel1 said:

Long time observer, first time poster...I received a call this afternoon from Angela notifying me of my acceptance to U of T's 2-year MSW program. Good luck to everyone else still on the wait-list.

If this is helpful in anyway, you are able to send Angela and updated resume to highlight any additional activities you have completed since you first submitted your application. I began volunteering right after applying so I feel like this may have been a contributing factor to getting off the wait-list.

Congrats!!

How did you find out that you were able to send Angela an updated resume? I know in the waitlist letter it says that if you are completing your last year you can send in your updated transcript (semester 2 final grades)...but I didn't know about the resume! Thanks for letting us know! When did you send yours and how...via email?

10 hours ago, MSDOUBLEU said:

Congrats!!

How did you find out that you were able to send Angela an updated resume? I know in the waitlist letter it says that if you are completing your last year you can send in your updated transcript (semester 2 final grades)...but I didn't know about the resume! Thanks for letting us know! When did you send yours and how...via email?

Hi MSDOULBEU,

I found out by calling her and asking if there were any additional documents that we were able to formally submit (I know that some schools allow you to submit more references, etc.). She told me the only things you could submit was an updated transcript (which you knew) and an updated resume, if there is additional work/volunteer experiences you wanted to include. It does make sense if you consider that some applicants, like myself, have been out of school for a few years now. I sent my updated resume three days ago via e-mail to the admissions e-mail (which is also managed by Angela). Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Has anyone got off the waitlist yet for lakehead? 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, moli said:

Has anyone got off the waitlist yet for lakehead? 

Hi,

It's unlikely anyone has since offers weren't withdrawn until May 12th at 4pm.

The waitlist will probably start moving soon. Good luck!

Edited by kiki14
Typo

Is there a facebook group for the 1-year HBSW Lakehead program for 2017/2018? Also is anyone looking for a roommate!? A one bedroom apartment is not looking like it will fit into my budget.. 

On 5/12/2017 at 0:20 AM, ariel1 said:

@ariel1 thanks for the info! Would you be willing to share your GPA & research methods marks with us? Thanks! 

I know I didn't apply this season, but it's making me so happy seeing so many of you all getting offers! To everyone still waiting, I'm sure it's tough, but the waitlist will move eventually. 

Anyone else a longtime creeper of this forum/planning on applying for fall of 2018? Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread, 2017ers :unsure: