NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

10 minutes ago, KarebearSW said:

Hi everyone!
Boy...it sure is comforting to know that I am not alone with my anxiety over acceptance letters.  I found the first 2 months, I was totally fine and not thinking about it, but now it's ALL I can think about.  I just logged onto this cafe today and felt better knowing that everyone is feeling the same way.  Misery loves company (lol).
I have applied to UofT only, advanced standing MSW program.  
Anyone else heard anything yet???

Nada. I have a friend who met with faculty almost 3 weeks ago for an interview with the MSW ITR program at UofT and is still waiting to hear back. 

Waiting as well for advanced standing from UofT. An update email would be nice - they must really enjoy fielding these calls from applicants asking WHEN. Website does say mid-February though.......are we past mid-February? lol

Edited by Dry_Guy

36 minutes ago, KarebearSW said:

Hi everyone!
Boy...it sure is comforting to know that I am not alone with my anxiety over acceptance letters.  I found the first 2 months, I was totally fine and not thinking about it, but now it's ALL I can think about.  I just logged onto this cafe today and felt better knowing that everyone is feeling the same way.  Misery loves company (lol).

Nothing yet!

Hating all this waiting. It's nice not being the only one in it though :)

51 minutes ago, Dry_Guy said:

Nada. I have a friend who met with faculty almost 3 weeks ago for an interview with the MSW ITR program at UofT and is still waiting to hear back. 

Waiting as well for advanced standing from UofT. An update email would be nice - they must really enjoy fielding these calls from applicants asking WHEN. Website does say mid-February though.......are we past mid-February? lol

I spoke to a couple of MSW graduates from last year, and they both received their acceptance letters on April 1st.  I really hope we don't have to wait that long!!  Ugh!!!!

5 minutes ago, KarebearSW said:

I spoke to a couple of MSW graduates from last year, and they both received their acceptance letters on April 1st.  I really hope we don't have to wait that long!!  Ugh!!!!

Hey KarebearSW, were they advanced standing students? Or two-year?

1 minute ago, ssbbaker said:

Guys! My ROSI says I'm invited to U of T's advanced standing!

I think that means I got in?

Based on the previous years, THAT MEANS YOU'RE IN!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, ssbbaker said:

Guys! My ROSI says I'm invited to U of T's advanced standing!

I think that means I got in?

Congrats! That so amazing! I wonder if they all change at once or if they update one by one. 

4 hours ago, KarebearSW said:

Hi everyone!

Hi KarebearSW

I'm in the same boat! I only applied to U of T advanced standing. The waiting is torture...to say the least. I've been trying to distract myself with work, but that doesn't seem to be working to well. One thing that I have come to terms with is that worrying will not change the results - I will carry on either way. 

PS - I haven't seen or heard a peep!

3 hours ago, Bev_TO said:

Hey KarebearSW, were they advanced standing students? Or two-year?

1 hour ago, nicoleMSW said:

Congratulations!! That's so exciting!!

I have the same thing...invited.  Is that what it means?  That we got accepted???

1 minute ago, KarebearSW said:

I have the same thing...invited.  Is that what it means?  That we got accepted???

I'm pretty sure that it does....it has the year and program and stream - pt or ft. It is also asking to activate e-mail. 

Congratulations everyone! I'm so happy to report that I just checked my ROSI account and I was also accepted to UofT advanced standing!!!

@adorealire - your status will change under registration history . rather than saying "no registration history" it will change to show the details of the program and your status will change to "invited"

Congrats to everyone who got in! 

Looks like I'm probably waitlisted. 

Two things: 

- Does UofT send all acceptances at once or is there a second wave? 

- Any insight into the Windsor advanced standing program? If it starts in May are you there all summer? 

14 minutes ago, jaylynn said:

Congrats to everyone who got in! 

Looks like I'm probably waitlisted. 

Two things: 

- Does UofT send all acceptances at once or is there a second wave? 

- Any insight into the Windsor advanced standing program? If it starts in May are you there all summer? 

How do you know you were waitlisted?  Are you advanced standing or 2 year program?  It seems that only the advanced standing group were updated in ROSI today, so there still might be hope for you.

51 minutes ago, Kate_14 said:

Congratulations everyone! I'm so happy to report that I just checked my ROSI account and I was also accepted to UofT advanced standing!!!

@adorealire - your status will change under registration history . rather than saying "no registration history" it will change to show the details of the program and your status will change to "invited"

thank you! okay yeah, i'm an advnaced standing, just says "no registration history" probably rejected or waitlisted :( 

3 minutes ago, adorealire said:

thank you! okay yeah, i'm an advnaced standing, just says "no registration history" probably rejected or waitlisted :( 

Don't give up hope! There are usually a couple waves of admissions that go out. I knew a couple of people who received their acceptances following the initial wave last year :)

13 minutes ago, adorealire said:

Or maybe check again tomorrow.  Maybe they only update so many each day?  I would think the "no registration history" will have to change to something else at some point.