URI Strange Acceptance

vallescaldera

I got a computer generated email the other day telling me to check my application status, which was a generic acceptance (yay!) from the GSO. Im a little unsure how to proceed as no one in this department has ever answered my emails, I never interviewed with anyone, and my acceptance came with no information about who my adviser would be or any details about funding. It just seems like an all around weird/impersonal scenario. Has anyone else ever dealt with something like this?

It's normal for some programs to accept students without interviews. 

This looks like a good sign---they probably coded your application as "accepted" so the computer generated emails and status updates happened. The offer details will come in an official letter which might take a little longer to arrive. Often, the usual approach is an informal message from the department (either by phone or email) then you get the computer thingy then you get an actual offer letter. Maybe the first step is missing here because they don't do that, or because something came up and they weren't able to get to you before the computer thingy did.