Fall 2017 Canadian University Computer Science Thread

guitarHeroAn

On 4/26/2017 at 3:21 PM, mahsa188 said:

Thanks

No, I didn't message university. But I started to message some professors. I know that some of my friends got accepted to sfu. However, all of them will decline the offer because they have better options. 

Hi,

What is your university? what is your average? TOEFL? Please give some background information

I've already applied but got no answer.

15 hours ago, hamed3131 said:

Hi,

What is your university? what is your average? TOEFL? Please give some background information

I've already applied but got no answer.

where did you apply? I have GPA 3.45. Ielts 7. and 7 years of professional experience in programming. Great industrial CV. 

On 29/04/2017 at 2:49 AM, mahsa188 said:

study@concordia.ca

I was refused. Probably a combination of too low GPA (3.22/4.3) and not having a bachelor of computer science. Oh well.

2 hours ago, anxiousstudent said:

I was refused. Probably a combination of too low GPA (3.22/4.3) and not having a bachelor of computer science. Oh well.

Okay I got a letter by email today.

Turns out the bachelor of comp sci OR  graduate diploma is a requirement. I guess my minor in comp sci really wasnt enough!

Darn

5 hours ago, Canadaspirant said:

Rejected from SFU. 

That's the last roll of the dice. Goodluck and goodbye guys! Looking forward to spring or/and next fall. 

i got rejected from uoit, sfu, and saskatchewan today. very disappointed. i have only Concordia.

3 hours ago, mahsa188 said:

i got rejected from uoit, sfu, and saskatchewan today. very disappointed. i have only Concordia.

What program did you apply in Concordia?

2 hours ago, omerjerk said:

Life sucks.

Lol why so? Though I agree things haven't been going too well for us folks who applied for Canada. What's your status for SFU?

9 hours ago, guitarHeroAn said:

What program did you apply in Concordia?

Lol why so? Though I agree things haven't been going too well for us folks who applied for Canada. What's your status for SFU?

I applied for the master of applied computer science. will go to Concordia.

9 hours ago, guitarHeroAn said:

Did not apply at SFU. Rejections from everywhere else. I left my job in advance thinking I would definitely get at least one admit.

Looks like will need to prepare for job interviews again. *sigh*

4 hours ago, The Red Viper said:

This is a joke. Why can't they just send the rejects already? -_-

Better to be waitlisted than getting rejected at an instant. You guys still have fighting chance...Hang on

5 hours ago, guitarHeroAn said:

Better to be waitlisted than getting rejected at an instant. You guys still have fighting chance...Hang on

No man. We can't stay in this bubble any more.

You shouldn't either.

Hello friends,

I applied to Master in Computer Science (Thesis) at Concordia University for Fall,17. My status has been "Your application has been reviewed and a potential supervisor needs to be identified before a decision can be made" for the past 1 month. 

While applying, I also ticked the check box for consideration for the course-based track. I emailed them in mid-April for a status update and they replied that results will be out by April-end or early May.

Anyone having the same status? Or can anyone please guide what is happening?