Fall 2017 Canadian University Computer Science Thread

guitarHeroAn

2 hours ago, The Red Viper said:

I think they're all dead.

I checked up on them. They're not. What they told me about my application was that it is waiting for one more review and it would probably be ready for next week.

They sound really tired though.

11 hours ago, Jeffs said:

I checked up on them. They're not. What they told me about my application was that it is waiting for one more review and it would probably be ready for next week.

This means exactly what?

3 hours ago, omerjerk said:

This means exactly what?

Exactly as it sounds: they're still reviewing. You can call and ask them about your status.

19 hours ago, Jeffs said:

Hi, may I ask which university you checked up on? I am still waiting on McGill and Waterloo..

5 hours ago, abcd2 said:

Hi, may I ask which university you checked up on? I am still waiting on McGill and Waterloo..

Hi. Yes ofcourse. It's Mcgill.

I got admitted to SFU MSc Computing Science program, received the official letters just yesterday. It's probably worth waiting. As I told earlier as well, it's better to have nothing over a rejection. 

Edited by guitarHeroAn

5 hours ago, guitarHeroAn said:

I got admitted to SFU MSc Computing Science program, received the official letters just yesterday. It's probably worth waiting. As I told earlier as well, it's better to have nothing over a rejection. 

Huge congrats. Vancouver's a darned great place.

On a side note, I do agree that having nothing is certainly better than a rejection. But people (or maybe it's just me) tend to just sit around and "hope" for admission. Where we should be making plans for the sensibly possible outcome of getting rejected, and instead sorta brush the thought of rejection aside because it's too unpleasant.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

Let me share about one educational consultancy 

Galvanize Test prep are One stop-solution for students to enhance their skills, connect with experts and share their stories. Our aim is to help college students get access to best career counselling advice, training followed by mentoring by arranging career events across the country.

BTW they are currently offering a free admission counselling guide for students. I think this is a right time for you to contact with them and clarify your doubts 

for more details visit their site: https://galvanizetestprep.com/

For more details about universities:  https://galvanizetestprep.com/blogs/affordable-countries-to-study-abroad-2021-ultimate-list/