Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
guitarHeroAn

Fall 2017 Canadian University Computer Science Thread

287 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, The Red Viper said:

I think they're all dead.

I checked up on them. They're not. What they told me about my application was that it is waiting for one more review and it would probably be ready for next week.

They sound really tired though.

11 hours ago, Jeffs said:

I checked up on them. They're not. What they told me about my application was that it is waiting for one more review and it would probably be ready for next week.

This means exactly what?

3 hours ago, omerjerk said:

This means exactly what?

Exactly as it sounds: they're still reviewing. You can call and ask them about your status.

19 hours ago, Jeffs said:

Hi, may I ask which university you checked up on? I am still waiting on McGill and Waterloo..

5 hours ago, abcd2 said:

Hi, may I ask which university you checked up on? I am still waiting on McGill and Waterloo..

Hi. Yes ofcourse. It's Mcgill.

12 hours ago, Jeffs said:

Hi. Yes ofcourse. It's Mcgill.

Some of the people have posted their result of McGill which they received this week.

Two admits and a reject.

Posted (edited)

I got admitted to SFU MSc Computing Science program, received the official letters just yesterday. It's probably worth waiting. As I told earlier as well, it's better to have nothing over a rejection. 

Edited by guitarHeroAn

5 hours ago, guitarHeroAn said:

I got admitted to SFU MSc Computing Science program, received the official letters just yesterday. It's probably worth waiting. As I told earlier as well, it's better to have nothing over a rejection. 

Huge congrats. Vancouver's a darned great place.

On a side note, I do agree that having nothing is certainly better than a rejection. But people (or maybe it's just me) tend to just sit around and "hope" for admission. Where we should be making plans for the sensibly possible outcome of getting rejected, and instead sorta brush the thought of rejection aside because it's too unpleasant.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:10 PM, guitarHeroAn said:

Congratulations :)

No news from York,Ryerson,Western Ontario?

Got a reject from McGill.
All the best to everyone. Cya.

Reject from Waterloo and Victoria. Seems like end is near now.

Still waiting for Calgary and McMaster.