Fall 2017 Canadian University Computer Science Thread

guitarHeroAn

1 minute ago, guitarHeroAn said:

Any admit so far? What are you waiting on? 

Nope. Waterloo and Mcgill. 

I thought something's gonna happen today. But still nothing.

3 minutes ago, Jeffs said:

Nope. Waterloo and Mcgill. 

I thought something's gonna happen today. But still nothing.

Saw an admit from McGill in the results section. Had my hopes high for a second but I got nothing. No admit so far.

Edited by guitarHeroAn

4 minutes ago, guitarHeroAn said:

hahaha same here man...

I sometimes wonder..What are the chances..So many people getting left out this year from Canada. It was supposed to welcome us haha that's what Trudeau has been promoting ever since Trump assumed presidency. But guess not. And I have all the reasons to believe next year its going to be a shitstorm of enormous applications plaguing the small number of universities that Canada has to offer. 

Yeah, next year will be hard. I'm actually all set to go with Stony Brook. But somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm hoping for a miraculous admit from McGill.

4 minutes ago, The Red Viper said:

Yeah, next year will be hard. I'm actually all set to go with Stony Brook. But somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm hoping for a miraculous admit from McGill.

Hah! Good luck man Stony Brook is awesome! I didn't apply anywhere else except Canada so its the ONLY option I have. 

10 hours ago, Jeffs said:

Can't believe we gotta wait for another week.

Yup. Final week of wait hopefully...

10 hours ago, The Red Viper said:

This could go on well into May :/

Its possible but chances are slim for that. Don't know, I just feel next week is the final week. 

6 hours ago, mahsa188 said:

I am getting crazy! I applied for 7 universities in Canada but still no response from them. Not Accept and Not reject

Start contacting universities may be. I pinged UBC about the status and they sent rejection in reply. :(

25 minutes ago, omerjerk said:

Start contacting universities may be. I pinged UBC about the status and they sent rejection in reply. :(

Lol. Same thing happened with me.

15 hours ago, Canadaspirant said:

What schools and departments? 

sfu, saskatchewan,ryerson, york, uoit,western ontario, concordia....all master of computer science:blink:

Edited by mahsa188

10 hours ago, omerjerk said:

yeah tomorrow I will contact all of them and ask about the status

Has anyone heard back from Concordia on the Master of Applied Computer Science program?

My status online says my file is being assessed. They've received two of my reference letters, my third was sent over a week and a half ago but it still says "missing reference letter" under my to do list. Why do they take so long to process the reference letters??

This page here http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=concordia&t=a&o=&pp=250 shows some people have already been accepted for Fall 2017, as early as a month ago!

I am nervous as hell because my Concordia GPA is only 3.2 and I only have a minor in comp sci. Hoping my industry experience is enough to offset this. If anyone has been accepted, can you please share your academic/professional profile?

14 hours ago, anxiousstudent said:

Has anyone heard back from Concordia on the Master of Applied Computer Science program?

My status online says my file is being assessed. They've received two of my reference letters, my third was sent over a week and a half ago but it still says "missing reference letter" under my to do list. Why do they take so long to process the reference letters??

This page here http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=concordia&t=a&o=&pp=250 shows some people have already been accepted for Fall 2017, as early as a month ago!

I am nervous as hell because my Concordia GPA is only 3.2 and I only have a minor in comp sci. Hoping my industry experience is enough to offset this. If anyone has been accepted, can you please share your academic/professional profile?

Me and my friend applied for this program. My friend got rejected about 2 weeks ago . But no news for me . It took more than 1 month to update my reference letters . 

6 hours ago, mahsa188 said:

Me and my friend applied for this program. My friend got rejected about 2 weeks ago . But no news for me . It took more than 1 month to update my reference letters . 

Ah, so we are both competing for the same prize. In that case, may the best man (or woman) win!

Or, hopefully we both get accepted. lol

2 minutes ago, Canadaspirant said:

Not necessarily.  Are you both in for the same research areas? If not, you're not both competing. 

The degree is based on coursework. No research areas bro!

7 hours ago, mahsa188 said:

Why do you think your friend was rejected? Grades?