IDM MIT 2017

violet03

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to find this forum and fellow IDM-Applicants!

Likewise, applied for R1:
Submitted on 1/20
Payment Cleared on 1/25
Email saying "wait for 6 weeks" received on 1/27.

The post on "http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=MIT+IDM" is concerning, how that applicant got an invitation for interviews, but for a program like this, very much worthwhile waiting.

To ease the tension as we wait, shall we share which of the three backgrounds we come from? I am applying for a Business-section of the cohort.

6 hours ago, SolderBob said:

I got to know through a friend who's attending IDM right now, that they have an adcom meeting every Thursday. So we might get to hear something later this week :)

The wait is nerve-wrecking. What other programs did you apply to?

I envy your network / connection! I see, good to hear that various individuals would be looking at our application and our portfolios.

I did hear that they had record-breaking number of applications this term, something like "more in R1 than all rounds combined last year."

Hopefully we can make the cut!

I applied to UPenn (Accepted) and Stanford (Expected to hear back sometime this or next week). How about you?

2 hours ago, Fingers-Xed said:

I envy your network / connection! I see, good to hear that various individuals would be looking at our application and our portfolios.

I did hear that they had record-breaking number of applications this term, something like "more in R1 than all rounds combined last year."

I applied to UPenn (Accepted) and Stanford (Expected to hear back sometime this or next week). How about you?

That's quite a piece of information! In that case, the R1 result might get more delayed..

Congratulations on your admit! I haven't applied to any other program. Will continue with my career trajectory if I'm not able to make the cut. Hope for the best :) 

13 hours ago, coffeecat said:

Only now just got my "Application complete" email saying that I will hear back within 6 weeks, even though I submitted well before the deadline. So there's that...

17 hours ago, Fingers-Xed said:

I just checked my website too. There are 3 visits from someone on the MIT network yesterday 8:30 AM..

11 hours ago, SolderBob said:

I just checked my website too. There are 3 visits from someone on the MIT network yesterday 8:30 AM..

That is great news, congrats! I am sure they were impressed :)

Today or tomorrow might be the day then! Seriously hoping that it does not go into next week...

10 hours ago, Fingers-Xed said:

That is great news, congrats! I am sure they were impressed :)

Today or tomorrow might be the day then! Seriously hoping that it does not go into next week...

Well, who knows! :P

I seriously hope we get to hear one way or the other before this weekend.. All the Best to everyone!

Hi guys, I am in the same position than you... I applied in December but my checklist was completely marked during February! I believe they were not expecting that amount of people and it exceeded their capacity.

6 minutes ago, indio said:

Hi guys, I am in the same position than you... I applied in December but my checklist was completely marked during February! I believe they were not expecting that amount of people and it exceeded their capacity.

I really hope we get to hear something before the weekend kicks in :P

4 hours ago, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

OMG I GOT INTO MIT SDM AND MIT LGO. 

Congratulations!

Must be super excited!

Great to see someone be accepted, while we are waiting for the sibling program.

How was the interview process like?

Could you shed some light for us?

On 2017. 3. 3. at 1:03 PM, SolderBob said:

I really hope we get to hear something before the weekend kicks in :P

Nothing for me yet :(

Here goes another weekend and hello another week of anxiety attack!

Hi Guys,

I applied for the IDM pgm as well..R1..got the "application is complete" email on 02/07.

The wait is killing :( 

One confusion here -- you guys talking about website!! I thought only PDF portfolios were allowed. M i missing something here?

8 hours ago, aj17 said:

Hi Guys,

I applied for the IDM pgm as well..R1..got the "application is complete" email on 02/07.

The wait is killing :( 

One confusion here -- you guys talking about website!! I thought only PDF portfolios were allowed. M i missing something here?

It is indeed killing, great choice of word :(

I found that interesting as well, as I combined two of my portfolios into one PDF (as directed by the admissions coordinator when I asked), and submitted that.

Apparently some people opted to present their portfolios online, or directed them to their website for other reasons? I think thats a smart move though, as you can gain some insight on who visited your webpage when, just to keep track..