Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
violet03

IDM MIT 2017

196 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, indio said:

I had applied to Master in Design Engineering (from Harvard) and I've been already rejected.

Oh m sorry to hear that!! Ii saw that program too but didnt seem like the right fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when we can hear from the MIT IDM adcom? Have there been any interview invites already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Amit37 said:

Any idea when we can hear from the MIT IDM adcom? Have there been any interview invites already?

I saw a few interview invite updates on the grad cafe results page. Don't know about their credibility though. I hope we get to hear something by this weekend!

BTW, I have dropped a mail to the adcom already, regarding the timeline of results. Let's see what do they say.

Edited by SolderBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SolderBob said:

I saw a few interview invite updates on the grad cafe results page. Don't know about their credibility though. I hope we get to hear something by this weekend!

BTW, I have dropped a mail to the adcom already, regarding the timeline of results. Let's see what do they say.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got this reply from the admissions coordinator:

"Hi xxxx,

Thanks for your patience. We have received an unprecedented number of applications this time, and are currently evaluating round 1 applications. We have already started sending out a few interview invitations. Kindly do not worry, you will hear back from us soon."

 

Well, how soon is "soon"? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SolderBob said:

So I got this reply from the admissions coordinator:

"Hi xxxx,

Thanks for your patience. We have received an unprecedented number of applications this time, and are currently evaluating round 1 applications. We have already started sending out a few interview invitations. Kindly do not worry, you will hear back from us soon."

 

Well, how soon is "soon"? :o

Oh this is nerve wrecking!! Now starts the wait and constant refreshers of mailbox :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aj17 said:

Oh this is nerve wrecking!! Now starts the wait and constant refreshers of mailbox :(

From what was mentioned in that mail, I wonder if the interview updates for IDM on the Gradcafe results page are for real :o:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SolderBob said:

From what was mentioned in that mail, I wonder if the interview updates for IDM on the Gradcafe results page are for real :o:o

I was just thinking the same thing... Maybe tomorrow is the day after all.

Good luck to everyone here, I sincerely wish all of you the best!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SolderBob said:

From what was mentioned in that mail, I wonder if the interview updates for IDM on the Gradcafe results page are for real :o:o

Hey. .I kept seeing results for other programs.. Not idm!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fingers-Xed said:

I was just thinking the same thing... Maybe tomorrow is the day after all.

Good luck to everyone here, I sincerely wish all of you the best!!

To you too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just got this reply from the admissions office (sent a note to their fb page) 😯

Looks like today the last set of invites would be rolled out to applicants from round 1😞

 

Hello, Candidates are invited for an interview on a rolling basis from about 1 week after the deadline through about 8 weeks after the deadline. Final notifications will be sent our about 8 weeks after March 10. Thank you!

Edited by akhilm1991
Corrections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akhilm1991 said:

Just got this reply from the admissions office (sent a note to their fb page) 😯

Looks like today the last set of invites would be rolled out to applicants from round 1😞

Hello, Candidates are invited for an interview on a rolling basis from about 1 week after the deadline through about 8 weeks after the deadline. Final notifications will be sent our about 8 weeks after March 10. Thank you!

Doesn't that mean we have hope till March 20? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with an interview invite yet? 

Does anyone know of people who have been interviewed ? 

And I thought applying to programs was the frustrating part :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I think writing to the adcom paid off :)

I got an email a few hours back with an interview invite with the adcom. No info on who's the interviewer though. 

I think many more invites would be emailed during the next week. All the Best!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SolderBob said:

Hi everyone! I think writing to the adcom paid off :)

I got an email a few hours back with an interview invite with the adcom. No info on who's the interviewer though. 

I think many more invites would be emailed during the next week. All the Best!

 

Wish you the best for your interview! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akhilm1991 said:

Wish you the best for your interview! 😊

Thanks and same to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SolderBob said:

Hi everyone! I think writing to the adcom paid off :)

I got an email a few hours back with an interview invite with the adcom. No info on who's the interviewer though. 

I think many more invites would be emailed during the next week. All the Best!

 

Hey wish you all the very best!! Crack it and do share your discussion points asked after the interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SolderBob said:

Hi everyone! I think writing to the adcom paid off :)

I got an email a few hours back with an interview invite with the adcom. No info on who's the interviewer though. 

I think many more invites would be emailed during the next week. All the Best!

 

 

All the best dude! Do let us know how it went. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SolderBob - Just out of curiosity, what;s your profile like and from what background are you applying - design, eng or business?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amit37 said:

All the best dude! Do let us know how it went. 

Thanks, Sure!

3 hours ago, Amit37 said:

@SolderBob - Just out of curiosity, what;s your profile like and from what background are you applying - design, eng or business?

I am an Engineer with 4 years of experience across traditional corporate and social entrepreneurship in Asia and Australia. GRE 169/162/4 Q/V/AW. IELTS 7.5

Had my undergrad project at MIT Media Labs (got one rec from the supervisor there). Other two recs from the Director of an MNC and another Prof from undergrad university. Fairly strong SOP and LORs.

More than anything, I think my writing to the admissions coordinator at IDM led to hearing back earlier than others. 

Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SolderBob said:

Thanks, Sure!

I am an Engineer with 4 years of experience across traditional corporate and social entrepreneurship in Asia and Australia. GRE 169/162/4 Q/V/AW. IELTS 7.5

Had my undergrad project at MIT Media Labs (got one rec from the supervisor there). Other two recs from the Director of an MNC and another Prof from undergrad university. Fairly strong SOP and LORs.

More than anything, I think my writing to the admissions coordinator at IDM led to hearing back earlier than others. 

Hope that helps.

 

Congratulations and all the best buddy! Looks like very solid profile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys is IDM actually considered a Sloan program? I only see SDM not IDM on Sloan's website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Amit37 said:

Congratulations and all the best buddy! Looks like very solid profile!

Thanks and same to you!

 

5 hours ago, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

Guys is IDM actually considered a Sloan program? I only see SDM not IDM on Sloan's website.

As far as I know, IDM is an inter-disciplinary program between Sloan and the school of engineering at MIT and is often touted as a sister program of SDM, more geared towards  creating leaders in hardware product space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had also written to the idm team last week and they replied saying they should "hopefully have an update for you by the end of next week" That means process is still continuing!! Man they must have received a lot of applications

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now