IDM MIT 2017

violet03

15 hours ago, indio said:

I had applied to Master in Design Engineering (from Harvard) and I've been already rejected.

Oh m sorry to hear that!! Ii saw that program too but didnt seem like the right fit

1 hour ago, Amit37 said:

Any idea when we can hear from the MIT IDM adcom? Have there been any interview invites already?

I saw a few interview invite updates on the grad cafe results page. Don't know about their credibility though. I hope we get to hear something by this weekend!

BTW, I have dropped a mail to the adcom already, regarding the timeline of results. Let's see what do they say.

Edited by SolderBob

8 hours ago, SolderBob said:

I saw a few interview invite updates on the grad cafe results page. Don't know about their credibility though. I hope we get to hear something by this weekend!

BTW, I have dropped a mail to the adcom already, regarding the timeline of results. Let's see what do they say.

Thank you!

So I got this reply from the admissions coordinator:

"Hi xxxx,

Thanks for your patience. We have received an unprecedented number of applications this time, and are currently evaluating round 1 applications. We have already started sending out a few interview invitations. Kindly do not worry, you will hear back from us soon."

Well, how soon is "soon"? :o

38 minutes ago, SolderBob said:

So I got this reply from the admissions coordinator:

"Hi xxxx,

Thanks for your patience. We have received an unprecedented number of applications this time, and are currently evaluating round 1 applications. We have already started sending out a few interview invitations. Kindly do not worry, you will hear back from us soon."

Well, how soon is "soon"? :o

Oh this is nerve wrecking!! Now starts the wait and constant refreshers of mailbox :(

17 hours ago, SolderBob said:

From what was mentioned in that mail, I wonder if the interview updates for IDM on the Gradcafe results page are for real :o:o

I was just thinking the same thing... Maybe tomorrow is the day after all.

Good luck to everyone here, I sincerely wish all of you the best!!

19 hours ago, SolderBob said:

From what was mentioned in that mail, I wonder if the interview updates for IDM on the Gradcafe results page are for real :o:o

Hey. .I kept seeing results for other programs.. Not idm!!

2 hours ago, Fingers-Xed said:

I was just thinking the same thing... Maybe tomorrow is the day after all.

Good luck to everyone here, I sincerely wish all of you the best!!

To you too :)

Just got this reply from the admissions office (sent a note to their fb page) ?

Looks like today the last set of invites would be rolled out to applicants from round 1?

Hello, Candidates are invited for an interview on a rolling basis from about 1 week after the deadline through about 8 weeks after the deadline. Final notifications will be sent our about 8 weeks after March 10. Thank you!

Edited by akhilm1991
Corrections

1 hour ago, akhilm1991 said:

Just got this reply from the admissions office (sent a note to their fb page) ?

Looks like today the last set of invites would be rolled out to applicants from round 1?

Hello, Candidates are invited for an interview on a rolling basis from about 1 week after the deadline through about 8 weeks after the deadline. Final notifications will be sent our about 8 weeks after March 10. Thank you!

Doesn't that mean we have hope till March 20? :D

Hi everyone! I think writing to the adcom paid off :)

I got an email a few hours back with an interview invite with the adcom. No info on who's the interviewer though. 

I think many more invites would be emailed during the next week. All the Best!

2 hours ago, SolderBob said:

I got an email a few hours back with an interview invite with the adcom. No info on who's the interviewer though. 

Wish you the best for your interview! ?

4 hours ago, SolderBob said:

Hey wish you all the very best!! Crack it and do share your discussion points asked after the interview

7 hours ago, SolderBob said:

All the best dude! Do let us know how it went. 

3 hours ago, Amit37 said:

All the best dude! Do let us know how it went. 

Thanks, Sure!

3 hours ago, Amit37 said:

@SolderBob - Just out of curiosity, what;s your profile like and from what background are you applying - design, eng or business?

I am an Engineer with 4 years of experience across traditional corporate and social entrepreneurship in Asia and Australia. GRE 169/162/4 Q/V/AW. IELTS 7.5

Had my undergrad project at MIT Media Labs (got one rec from the supervisor there). Other two recs from the Director of an MNC and another Prof from undergrad university. Fairly strong SOP and LORs.

More than anything, I think my writing to the admissions coordinator at IDM led to hearing back earlier than others. 

Hope that helps.

36 minutes ago, SolderBob said:

Thanks, Sure!

I am an Engineer with 4 years of experience across traditional corporate and social entrepreneurship in Asia and Australia. GRE 169/162/4 Q/V/AW. IELTS 7.5

Had my undergrad project at MIT Media Labs (got one rec from the supervisor there). Other two recs from the Director of an MNC and another Prof from undergrad university. Fairly strong SOP and LORs.

More than anything, I think my writing to the admissions coordinator at IDM led to hearing back earlier than others. 

Hope that helps.

Congratulations and all the best buddy! Looks like very solid profile!

13 hours ago, Amit37 said:

Congratulations and all the best buddy! Looks like very solid profile!

Thanks and same to you!

5 hours ago, TheMostPowerfulApplicant said:

Guys is IDM actually considered a Sloan program? I only see SDM not IDM on Sloan's website.

As far as I know, IDM is an inter-disciplinary program between Sloan and the school of engineering at MIT and is often touted as a sister program of SDM, more geared towards  creating leaders in hardware product space.

I had also written to the idm team last week and they replied saying they should "hopefully have an update for you by the end of next week" That means process is still continuing!! Man they must have received a lot of applications