Fall 2017 - UCSB Bren MESM Admissions Decision

vandrews

Hi everybody I applied to Bren back in January and am still waiting to hear back from them a month later. I know that they say they will get back to us 'before March 17th' but I'm wondering if anybody has heard back or knows from experience or research if there is a chance that they will get back to everyone sooner. 2 months is such a long waiting period!

Applied: UCSB Bren School (MESM), CSU GSSE MBA, Bard College CEP (Climate Science & Policy)

Accepted: CSU, Bard

No Response: UCSB

Edited by vandrews
Added school application info

Fellow Bren applicant here. 

I haven't heard anything yet, nor have the other people that I know who applied. 

Looking at the results page for Bren, the earliest reported date is Feb 11th. That was in 2014, and they likely have more applications this year than they did then, so it will probably take them longer to process them all. 

That being said...waiting sucks. Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later. 

Good luck!

Edited by Minty_Tiger
Link was incorrect.

• 1 month later...

Hello, MESM admit here. concentration in energy and climate policy. Awarded 5k :|
Weighing against:
CMU's MS-ESTP (prohibitively high costs, no RA-TA, employment data discouraging)
UCdavis MS-energy sci& tech (good course, only program on my list which gives thesis option, entirely new program similar to ERG of Berkeley)
UMN Humphrey's MS-STEP with a concentration in energy and climate policy (50% waiver for 1st year, in-state status, but hard to be picked by private sector)
waiting for SPEA's MSES-MPA Decision...

Bren's record on employment, focus on skills, reputation, networking opportunities, TA-assistantship opportunities are attractive. But as an international student, it is still expensive.

thoughts?